Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by imop45 View Post
    Verizon listing a feature as a selling point when they do not support it is against the FCC. It a feature is broken, then it is their duty to take are of the situation, whether that means fixing it or at least providing some sort of documention.

there is no documentation, that's the problem. Not even in the contract.

do you even know how much extra $ it would take to distrivute a "special" contract just for the Palm Pre Plus?
    We are dealing with a bug, not a conspiracy. And reps that sell phones don't usually know enough about every phone to be able to lie to you, but they make stuff up all the time...
    Is there any Apps or can you used the current sprin GPS to get just results for speed?
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    Is there any Apps or can you used the current sprin GPS to get just results for speed?
    there are several other GPS apps. use WOSQI or preware, even the palm app icon. I'd suggest gpsdashboard. it's great for speed, heading etc. it also seems to be one of the quickest apps i've used to obtain a strong gps signal. sometimes you have to be patient with the Pre and its gps chipset. it takes a few minutes sometimes, depending on alot of factors....
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    there are several other GPS apps. use WOSQI or preware, even the palm app icon. I'd suggest gpsdashboard. it's great for speed, heading etc. it also seems to be one of the quickest apps i've used to obtain a strong gps signal. sometimes you have to be patient with the Pre and its gps chipset. it takes a few minutes sometimes, depending on alot of factors....
    THANKS!
    Im looking to test the top speed of my Jet Ski, so think something like you mention above will do the trick ? If so, which one will be the best for this application ?
    Last edited by eazypic; 05/04/2010 at 11:20 PM.
    I've got a Sprint Pre, used free Sprint Nav to travel 5 hours downstate to a house out in the country that I'd never been to and back, worked flawlessly. Seems like a pretty good use for GPS to me.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    THANKS!
    Im looking to test the top speed of my Jet Ski, so think something like you mention above will do the trick ? If so, which one will be the best for this application ?
    Whoa careful there eazypic, don't forget to bring a bag of rice with you. It is a well know fact that Pres and water do not mix.

But to answer your question, GPSDashBoard Free would work perfect for what you want to do.
    gpsdashbrd is perfect or your jetski testing....just inest in a clear watprooff bag with the float on it...lol
    perhaps your local little league would lend you a radar gun. Radar standing on shore > pre in water...
    my pre took a bath in the dog's water bowl.... I just shut down, pulled the battery and left the slider open. I dried what water I saw and left it like that overnight....everything is great...

whatts not ok is this flaky azz gps chipset or interface. I've noticed if everything else can't get a lock then vz navi will....it will be off more than usual (not as bad as on a cell triang location tho) I wonder if vznavi brings up an inaccurate lock so it shows sommething. Like it's error range is higher or something???
    Coming from a Centro and waiting for the AT&T Pre Plus, I am looking forward to having a phone with GPS. For all the posts saying what is the big deal about GPS, you have your own GPS unit for that...you just dont get it.

I do not have a GPS unit in my car, or a standalone GPS unit, but I still use my phone all the time for navigation. It was very nice to have triangulation in my Centro, coming from a Treo 650 that did not offer any kind of location services with Google Maps.

If the GPS doesnt matter, then it may as well have not come wtih a GPS antenna and just relied on cell triangulation. There are lots of apps that can use GPS other than Google Maps.

So yes, when I get my Pre Plus, I expect my GPS to work, just like Sprint Navigation and VZNavigator work just fine. Once the gurus on here figure out what may be causing the GPS to malfunction, we can all enjoy it. Hopefully the AT&T version may escape with it's GPS functioning properly for 3rd party apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Whoa careful there eazypic, don't forget to bring a bag of rice with you. It is a well know fact that Pres and water do not mix.
    If the Pre ends up on the bottom of the lake, the bag of rice isn't likely to do much good....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    If the Pre ends up on the bottom of the lake, the bag of rice isn't likely to do much good....
    Perhaps a really big bag...
    because streaming on pandora/datpiff while using sprint nav is easier than having to keep the music low and listen for when the garmin prompts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Perhaps a really big bag...
    And some scuba gear.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345