Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I understand that the Palm Pre Plus went on sale in Germany a couple of days ago. I am very keen on getting my hands on one and was wondering if there is a fellow forum member that lives in Germany can perhaps purchase on my behalf and send to me in Australia

If there is anyone interested in helping me out please pm me to discuss.

Thanks
    Can someone also post the details as to how one would go about buying a Palm Pre + and a Palm Pre in Germany. Also, what would be the total cost per phone. Which would be a better option, to buy from O2 or Vodafone? Do O2 and Vodafone have stores all over Germany and would they all carry the Palm Pre & Palm Pre+?

I know it's a lot of questions, but since everyhting online is in German it is impossible to get any answers on the internet.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    If you buy a new device and you activate it in India; too bad, but NO apps for the moment.
    Thanks for the heads up. Actually, someone I know and is who is visiting in Germany right now, will be returning to India, towards the end of next month. I was hoping, that she might be able to purchase the phones in Germany, avtivate them and then carry them to India. Since the friend is not very tech savvy, and she is also not very familiar with Germany, I was hoping to find out and provide her with all the details regarding from where to buy, for how much and how to activate etc. Thus making it as simple a task for her as possible. For now this seems to be my best bet for getting hold of an unlocked Palm Pre+ for myself and also maybe a Palm Pre (probably cheaper) for my niece.
  4.    #4  
    How good would it be to be able to order from here

https://shop.vodafone.de/Shop/privat...-pre-plus.html
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhitetower View Post
    How good would it be to be able to order from here

https://shop.vodafone.de/Shop/privat...-pre-plus.html
    Unfortuantely I can't understand a word of German.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    So I'm on Vodafone Germany's Pixi Plus page about to buy one but I thought I should ask first if it's going to be unlocked?

Edit: I can't order with a British address, dammit! Well it was worth a try.

Are there any German friends willing to purchase the phone for me and post it to me? I will paypal you whatever it costs. Let me know
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    Thanks. I had tried Bing translate, which refused to translate a 'secure' site. Did'nt occur to me to try Google.

Anyhow, Vodafone must be out of it's mind considering those prices.
    'Palm Pre Plus' Without Contract 579.90 WOW!
    I thought I saw somewhere that the O2 price for the 'Palm Pre Plus' is 509 which would be a lot more reasonable. Can anyone please confirm.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    I think it's to put people off buying handset only. Their Pixi+ price is quite reasonable though.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Is anybody willing to help me get hold of a German QWERTZ Pixi to send to UK? Would like it asap
    -deleted-
    Last edited by rb2k; 06/29/2010 at 03:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Just try out ebay.de, I've purchased my original Palm Pre trough it. Just be sure to contact seller in advance and clarify if the phone is new and will he/she will ship it outside of Germany. In my case i've got it for little bit less than RRP.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by rb2k View Post
    I'd be able to help you. I live in Germany.
    The downside: I'm in the US at the moment and will be for another two weeks.

But after that, why not...
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Just try out ebay.de, I've purchased my original Palm Pre trough it. Just be sure to contact seller in advance and clarify if the phone is new and will he/she will ship it outside of Germany. In my case i've got it for little bit less than RRP.
    yeah, I've been checking all past week but none have been listed as yet will keep on looking but hopefully previous poster may be able to assist
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rb2k View Post
    I'd be able to help you. I live in Germany.
    The downside: I'm in the US at the moment and will be for another two weeks.

But after that, why not...
    Thanks buddy! I'll pm you

I've found one on ebay UK but the price is a bit high and he's out of stock this week.
    hi guys!
    I live here in Germany.
    If I were you, I wouldn't buy a pre+ from vodafone. o2 is sellig it for a total of 509€, without any contract, without any simlock or anything else.

I could help you, too.

Greetz
    demolic
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Ha, so I just found a Pxi+ on ebay.de that was about to end, luckily the guy was online to answer my questions and we got over the language barrier. Just purchased it, he'll ship it tomorrow My first WebOS device!!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by i_maq View Post
    Thanks buddy! I'll pm you

I've found one on ebay UK but the price is a bit high and he's out of stock this week.
    i_maq - would you be able to post the link to the listing or pm me?

Just realised that you were refering to a Pixi +...and congrats on securing one!!
    Last edited by thewhitetower; 05/03/2010 at 06:02 AM.
    There's a guy on eBay UK selling Palm Pixi Plus for 518.99!! They are German versions, I think. Last Thursday, when I first looked, they were 389.99, the next morning it had gone up to 419.99 and then later on in the same afternoon they had risen to 518.99. Hmmmmm. According to his listing he has 9 left and has sold one, one was sold when the price was under 400. I was kind of tempted had the price been around 350 but they are German so have the slifghtly different keyboard. I'm not sure whether there would be any problems accessing the App Catalogue and all that?
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex View Post
    There's a guy on eBay UK selling Palm Pixi Plus for 518.99!! They are German versions, I think. Last Thursday, when I first looked, they were 389.99, the next morning it had gone up to 419.99 and then later on in the same afternoon they had risen to 518.99. Hmmmmm. According to his listing he has 9 left and has sold one, one was sold when the price was under 400. I was kind of tempted had the price been around 350 but they are German so have the slifghtly different keyboard. I'm not sure whether there would be any problems accessing the App Catalogue and all that?
    Hey there, please see this thread I started, should answer all your questions! Also, the last post will be of interest to you
    I could buy german Pre(+) or Pixi+ for you too and activate them with german sim card for app catalog access and then send it worldwide.

just PM me.

btw...if there were more ppl buying a phone, there maybe a possibility of getting mass rebate.
    Just saw the O2 'Palm Pre Plus' unboxing video and it got me thinking. Will there be any other language related limitations with the phone, other than the printed material being in German? Ofcourse, I am already aware of the 'QWERTY' & QWERTZ' keyboard difference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast