1.    #1  
    O2 have just confirmed on twitter that they're releasing the Pre Plus and Pixi Plus, great news! Hints also at a possible early upgrade based on their O2 Priority service, but no word of costs or release dates. Check our their twitter stream @O2. They confirmed the Pre to BenUK here (@benfysh on twitter) and the Pixi to me (@Mechanical_Mind on twitter)
    Lets hope they do a better job of advertising if that's the case.
  3.    #3  
    My thoughts exactly. Their staff also need to be educated in the greatness of webOS, and not let Palm's products just sit dormant in the corner like they are now. Hopefully they, like Verizon, were schooled in the advertising department by AT&T's cracking ad
    Good job mate

When it comes to their priority comment, depending on which level of priority you are, you can upgrade early. For example I'm silver, so I can upgrade one month early. Gold can upgrade 2 months early (I think) etc.
    Staff training is a must. I have been into 3 different o2 stores and each time I have asked about something to do with my pre it is like they get all scared because they don't know anything about it. Tried explaining that my touchstone was faulty and their response was that if the phone had a defect it had to be sent off, tried explaining what the TS was and they were dumbfounded by the concept even though it was 5 feet away, had to leave my number with the store and wait for a senior manager to ring me back the next day. Luckily she had an idea and agreed that it was a simple exchange of the TS, she apologised and credited my account for the inconvenience caused since I had to drive to the store twice.
  6.    #6  
    @SqyArc Yeh, so will mean I can upgrade 'early'....in November 2011!

Palm should definitely send out their UK reps again to shops and make sure they're trained to be able to show webOS in full flow. Although it's as easy as OS's come to operate, people need to be enthused about it try it probably (AND want to buy one over the iPhone)
    This gets more bizzare though. Have seen on the news today on some sites that O2 and the carphone warehouse have stopped ordering the Palm Pre, saying they have enough to meet customer demand. Now is this clearing the decks for the Pre Plus I wonder!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Staff training is a must. I have been into 3 different o2 stores and each time I have asked about something to do with my pre it is like they get all scared because they don't know anything about it. Tried explaining that my touchstone was faulty and their response was that if the phone had a defect it had to be sent off, tried explaining what the TS was and they were dumbfounded by the concept even though it was 5 feet away, had to leave my number with the store and wait for a senior manager to ring me back the next day. Luckily she had an idea and agreed that it was a simple exchange of the TS, she apologised and credited my account for the inconvenience caused since I had to drive to the store twice.
    When I went to get my touchstone package...in one store, blank looks, no Pre on display, just two empty touchstones. Nothing in stock. Nasty, chaotic shop.

In the other store..Pre on display. One member of staff knew all about the Pre but wasn't sure about it needing a special back. The other did and was nice and helpful Nice neat shop.
    good...just in time for me to be sending my pre to palm's UK head office..not the repair centre...the head office....will hopefully convince them for a pre plus for all my troubles
    Quote Originally Posted by wardie View Post
    This gets more bizzare though. Have seen on the news today on some sites that O2 and the carphone warehouse have stopped ordering the Palm Pre, saying they have enough to meet customer demand. Now is this clearing the decks for the Pre Plus I wonder!!!!
    indeed, i spoke with a some o2 shops around glasgow today trying to resolve a different issue and three of the four shops all had no stock of pre, as they are waiting on the new model!