1.    #1  
    very excitingly got the pre last year but disappointed to see that there was no app for VOIP but liked the WebOS which made me keep the Pre in my desk hoping to see VOIP app soon and njoy my Pre

changed 5 mobiles in between and recently got nexus one also but still like to use Pre if any VOIP app is available but to my sheer disappointment theres nothing yet available. the pre is simply eating dust

what do everyone suggest here? will it be worth it to still wait or sell it off for whatever amount i get?

and also the body has got two cracks at silent button and volume button. will warranty replace it coz they are because of the bad build quality? this was the first mobile which cracked in my usage bad
  2.    #2  
    no one ??? thats sad

shame that no one cares....
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/11/2010 at 09:03 AM.
    No mic API means no VOIP, for the time being.
  4.    #4  
    thats real sad. how is a well established mobile os like WebOS wanting to increase its footprint can't even release the basic API's .
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Obviously you haven't been keeping up with the news. The mic api should be available by the end of the summer.

Also, next time, try to use punctuation. It was very hard to read your post. I had to read it twice.
    @ the fellow above me ^^^

it wasn't hard to understand his message for me buddy quit trying to make a problem

at the OP

just RECENTLY it was announced for the mic and other features to be released for FALL that means devs will get access to it and apps should be released hopefully by the end of the year.

hey look no punctuations I bet you got my message though !!!
  7.    #7  
    any update on this friends?

any point in keeping the pre still with me?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdarygm View Post
    any update on this friends?

any point in keeping the pre still with me?
    They haven't released the APIs yet, but then it's not the end of summer either. Really though VOIP on a cell phone isn't really something that there's a large audience for (Hey look, I can make calls....on this device that was made for making calls.) so I doubt it's that much of a priority. Personally I can't even come close to touching my Sprint minutes each month - seems like practically everything qualifies as 'free minutes' now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    They haven't released the APIs yet, but then it's not the end of summer either. Really though VOIP on a cell phone isn't really something that there's a large audience for (Hey look, I can make calls....on this device that was made for making calls.) so I doubt it's that much of a priority. Personally I can't even come close to touching my Sprint minutes each month - seems like practically everything qualifies as 'free minutes' now.
    While I agree that it may not be a big deal to a lot of people, i find that VOIP is useful when I can't get a cell signal (say in the basement of my job) and want to use WiFi to call out. Or when I want to call people my regular mobile minutes aren't good for (international friends and all c'MON SKYPE!).

I do hope Palm can release these API's soon, but I am not really holding my breath for "end of summer" either. Here's looking forward to being wrong
    it isn't that no one cares, OP.

it's that 100% of what you are saying is old news, posted in many other threads, and with many long discussions about these topics.

it's hard for regulars to get excited about reposting and rehashing this stuff just because it appears you aren't reading/tracking useful threads on this site.

one can only type the same answers, ideas, and opinions so many times before they just ignore repetitive stuff.
    Rahul Sood has dropped hints of Skype for webOS 2.0. Be hyped for the update coming this fall (I got it pegged for late september / early october).
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    Rahul Sood has dropped hints of Skype for webOS 2.0. Be hyped for the update coming this fall (I got it pegged for late september / early october).
    Considering how long it's taken to get 1.4.5, I think 2.0 in sept/oct is a pipe dream.
    You should sell it to someone who will appreciate it, and just keep buying whatever phones comes out next. 5 phones in a year, it sounds like you will never be satisfied with any phone.
  14.    #14  
    thanks guys......

but i feel its a shame on palm and webos for not having something which is a useful application.

how many of u use those apps in the store on dialy basis and u really need them?

talking about the free minutes, its only available in US and UK and in Germany u will need to pay every second u use and also we dont get phones on subsidy here.....we are spending heavily on phone , contract, data connection and every second i use seperately.

thats why for me VOIP is so imprtant that is use 2 mins for normal calls and 200 mins of VOIP every day.

i have seen iOS, android, webOS, symbian grow from early releases and i can say webOS lags ages behind comparing current growth rate. dont tell me how fresh is WebOS!!!!

now this junk doesnt even worth 50 euros to sell which was bought for 360 euros 10 months back....

very pity.....
    pity is you don't like any phone you buy yet you seem to have money to buy anything you choose. Webos is in infancy other os'es are further "estsblished". If you don't like any of them just start your own hdware/software company and build your own!
    Quote Originally Posted by garos09 View Post
    pity is you don't like any phone you buy yet you seem to have money to buy anything you choose. Webos is in infancy other os'es are further "estsblished". If you don't like any of them just start your own hdware/software company and build your own!
    After well over a year, I don't think we can call it an infant, anymore. More like a toddler! LOL!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    You should have just sold your phone 10 months back then, no? I thought the Nexus One has a Voip app from Skype, so why the need to keep the Pre? Like all manufacturers, about every year, a new version of the phone is released, so the Pre is bound to be replaced by the next version, and HP/Palm is already expected to release a new phone sometime by the end of the year, along with the release of the new version of webOS. I still don't get why you chose to keep the Pre for so long when you had other supposedly "better" phones with VOIP...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  18.    #18  
    i never complained about hardware even though its poor. i bought it and like it

i am talking about the development on WebOS.

i got Nexus One since april and its the best smartphone and developer phone. i dont know whom to blame. Android got lot more better liking from people and developers and they made it the best ( no offence for people developing for webOS, developers are anywhere great but i mean to say we need more useful development and apps)

if talking about OS version and upgrade,
    i have Sony ericsson Xperia X10 which is still on Android 1.6() but still a comparable phone cause of the usefull apps android is having

how many iterations webos versions has gone through till now?
    i like webOS but i am disappointed with the development happening around it....

sorry if i hurt any palm fans....i will have to leave WebOS now...
    Quote Originally Posted by chowdarygm View Post
    i never complained about hardware even though its poor. i bought it and like it

i am talking about the development on WebOS.

i got Nexus One since april and its the best smartphone and developer phone. i dont know whom to blame. Android got lot more better liking from people and developers and they made it the best ( no offence for people developing for webOS, developers are anywhere great but i mean to say we need more useful development and apps)

if talking about OS version and upgrade,
    i have Sony ericsson Xperia X10 which is still on Android 1.6() but still a comparable phone cause of the usefull apps android is having

how many iterations webos versions has gone through till now?
    i like webOS but i am disappointed with the development happening around it....

sorry if i hurt any palm fans....i will have to leave WebOS now...
    Ok. Fine.