View Poll Results: Did the 1.4.1.1 update fix your Keyboard/GPS issues?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard Fixed Yay!!!

30 39.47%
  • Keyboard much better but still some doubles and dropped letters

27 35.53%
  • Keyboard the same

3 3.95%
  • GPS Now Working!!!

20 26.32%
  • GPS the same as before the update

33 43.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Pretty simple, so after the update, Keyboard issues are the same, improved, or fixed. Gps NO different, fixed.

this is a Pre PLUS poll so you sprint users, no need to vote here.
    Keyboard is definitely a lot better. I noticed I have to push a lot harder to get letters to register (especially "C" and "U" - prior frequent double key offenders), so I have a lot more dropped letters than I used to. But barely any doubles (and only one triple so far!). Good job, Palm!
    I haven't done a lot of typing yet, but from what I have done, it seems to have fixed the issue completely for me.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I am testing the keyboard now, and the keys seem to be totally reliable. No missing letters or repeat letters. GPS seems faster and more accurate.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Didn't have much of a keyboard problem previously. My daughter complained constantly, so will be interesting to see if any better for her.

GPS seems unchanged. Unable to get location until I selected (but did not install) VZ Navigator. Will test again later. Maybe I didn't wait long enough to see if could get location.
    my keyboard is fixed but still the same old gps issues. o well guess it will never be fixed.
    My biggest problem was not with the double letters, but when the phone registered that I pressed the alt key or shift key twice (thereby locking it). I would end up typing a line in symbols or all caps.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    my gps is actually worse, does not work at all, even with vznav open. this is ludicrous.
    let's hope the military uses a different gps system
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    I am testing the keyboard now, and the keys seem to be totally reliable. No missing letters or repeat letters. GPS seems faster and more accurate.
    Same here!
    Missing a choice for "Keyboard never was an issue."
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Haven't tested the keyboard yet, but, the GPS seems to be working much better. Getting a lock on pretty quick and on the way to work this morning, kept perfect track of my location the whole way here...
    Strangely, my GPS worked perfectly last night... now today after the update I have to have VZ Nav open.
    Google Maps takes a little longer to load (30-45 seconds), but the that's probably because of the accurate GPS positioning. Typing is better, but not perfect. Maybe the software issue's been fixed, but there's an underlying hardware issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by IBM4VT View Post
    Strangely, my GPS worked perfectly last night... now today after the update I have to have VZ Nav open.
    same thing happened to me
    Go here and voice your concerns. The more people who complain, the higher up this gets escalated.

Palm Pre Plus GPS issue - Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community
    I voted "Keyboard Fixed", however I still seem to get some dropped letters. However the double-letter issue has all but disappeared. Although I find myself wondering if some of the keyboard issues have been lag related, because it seems that it wants to hesitate when I'm typing some times. Has anyone noticed any difference when running an overclocked core?

I don't think I had any GPS issues in the first place, so I didn't bother voting to that effect.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    my keyboard is about 99% better. only every so often now with a double or missing letter. GPS, well, I still have to launch VZ navigator to get the GPS to turn on
    I just tested the GPS and it finally works! Google Maps takes under 10seconds to load and it is much more acccurate when compared to the few times it worked before the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBM4VT View Post
    This! I was so happy that it worked when i just restarted the updated device. But then after some Preware and patching, it went back to having to open the VZ Nav!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast