Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to just say that the 2 things i was hoping would be fixed were.

My GPS applications functioned perfectly, getting the signal fast and accurate. No more opening VZ Navigator required for me!

The keyboard. Has not double typed once! Even if it does, it will be a very minor inconvenience at such low rates.

So far Im as happy as i expected to be. Kudos to Verizon and Palm for pulling through!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    For me, the Keyboard is mostly fixed. Or should I say it's much improved. I am still getting a few double letters here and there and some dropped letters. If it becomes too annoying I'll demand a new one since the update didnt fix the problem.

On the GPS front, I loaded up Google maps and waited about 3 minutes. Nothing... loaded up the VZ navigator and carded it and instant lock just like before. Oh well, I was hoping for the best but no.

I posted a poll so everyone could vote on their experiences. I hope most people have all their issues solved.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My GPS works the same as always - weak local signal (we're in a rural area) that locates me to the nearest cell tower. Sometimes it works (and worked) perfectly. Sometimes it doesn't. It depends on whether or not it can get a good lock on multiple signals.

BTW, googlemaps took a lot longer to call up the first than the second time.

I lost my virtual keyboard on load and will need to reload it, which I'm doing now.
    Took Google maps a good 30 sec for the card to load up....and my signal's the same. Pinpoints to the nearest tower...
    On my 4th Pre. The new update drastically reduced the amount of multiple key entries, but regretfully it also drastically INCREASED the number of no letter typed after squarely typing a key. I still consider this issue unsolved and this phone unusable. Dumping it today for the Droid Incredible. Adios Palm. Good luck HP you just bought a company that has a flagship device that has never worked correctly (Verizon, can't speak for the Sprint version).
    The update gave me MORE dropped letters. I just have to type slow... and it works fine.

For example if I type
    "i can" in messaging i get
    "i an"
    it drops c if I type to quickly
    ....i don't get the typing issues....if i double type a letter it's usually USER ERROR.... that said, i'm have large, thick hands....and i have rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel... so i have issues with even being able to feel my fingers at times... it's usually my fault that i've double type or miss letters.... IMHO
    I didn't uninstall my patches and paid the price. They got "locked up" so to speak and wouldn't function or uninstall. Had to Doctor.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    My biggest issue was with the "Y" key. Many times I've gone back to type in a missed "Y", only to have it put a "YY" in! Haven't had the issue since the update, but it's too soon to make a definitive judgement.
    My first pre plus had the double-type issue, but it took a while for the second one to get it. Recently, I shut it down and massaged all the keys a bit which seemed to help but the problem returned.

After the update this morning, I haven't been able to get a double character. I'm now able to type pretty fast on it- approaching my treo 650. This makes me happy.

I've seen the GPS issue where it takes forever to get a lock and it basically never locked indoors. When I tried a few times this morning, I get a lock very quickly. I rarely used that, but thats good to know.

I cured my random reboot issue a while ago (no random reboots in about two months!) and with the keyboard issue apparently resolved, I can now recommend this phone to other people.

woo-hoo!
    what causes your random reboots?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Seems to be working so far for me. Keyboard input still isn't perfect, but is much improved. GPS works fine (may even be acquiring faster). Pinch to zoom in doc viewer is much appreciated as well, especially in pdfs. Almost all patches are back and running as well (I have 40 some patches installed). The 'Hide VZ Navigator' patch was the only one that seems to have not updated, but I can wait until someone updates that for 1.4.1.1. Other than that very pleased with the update!
    Progress so far:

GPS worse than before (location way off the mark)
    Doubletyping fixed.
    Pinch expansion in PDF working now.
    Patch updates giving me fits. Having to do them one at a time due to ipk errors.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuckk View Post
    Progress so far:
    Patch updates giving me fits. Having to do them one at a time due to ipk errors.
    me too. sms tone per contact didn't update correctly. i can't update or remove it. i have to update the rest of my patches manually. i'm anticipating a webosdr to fix whatever happened with sms tone per contact
    I haven't noticed much yet. My keyboard didn't have problems to begin with. As for GPS I haven't tested it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    me too. sms tone per contact didn't update correctly. i can't update or remove it. i have to update the rest of my patches manually. i'm anticipating a webosdr to fix whatever happened with sms tone per contact
    Yes some of the patches screwed mine as well... had to Dr.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My key board is much improved still get the random missed letter and once in a while I will get a double letter, but nothing like before where every other letter was double or triple typed.

The GPS has worked perfect since the update. Before it would be off by 1/2 mile or so, now it puts me right on top of where I am at.

I am happy with the update.

Good job Palm. Now lets go kick some Apple rear end with the help of HP!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    you might want to try running EPR, that might uninstall it correctly. It will wipe out your patches, but it's better than Doctoring
    GPS is a lot more accurate than it used to be. Google maps takes about 10 sec's to load and a couple more to get a GPS lock. Better than it used to be.

No double typing yet at all. I'm loving this fact.

The whole thing seems to run faster than before. Not sure why since that wasn't listed in the updates.

I didn't have any homebrew apps or patches so no problems there.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    So far the keyboard has been better for me . I haven't tried the GPS yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast