Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    me too. sms tone per contact didn't update correctly. i can't update or remove it. i have to update the rest of my patches manually. i'm anticipating a webosdr to fix whatever happened with sms tone per contact
    yep that's the culprit. Will try removal with webOSQI when I get where I can do so.
    Droid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So far, 1.4.1.1 has been all good. Faster UI, patches all updated, battery seemed to last a little longer. remaining keyboard issues solved.

I haven't seen anything bad yet. Looks like Palm continues to improve and accelerate. I hope all the demo phones at verizon stores get upgraded because this should really improve sales, too.

Kudos to Palm and VZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by firstbeat View Post
    Droid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    SUUUUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    So far, 1.4.1.1 has been all good. Faster UI, patches all updated, battery seemed to last a little longer. remaining keyboard issues solved.

I haven't seen anything bad yet. Looks like Palm continues to improve and accelerate. I hope all the demo phones at verizon stores get upgraded because this should really improve sales, too.

Kudos to Palm and VZ!
    ...is mine charging faster???? hmmmm.... now that i'm updated it's time to patch and super kernel...i'd been holding off for this update....
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    did you guys run the EPR, in order to remove patches, prior to webos update
    Quote Originally Posted by dnidiffer View Post
    No but I wish I had! I would suggest it....
    I did, and now i cant get any of my patches to install.
    Out of 20 or so 1 patch got broken after Verizon - Page name in launcher Patch- does not get updated -"unreversed patch detected". Any way to surgically remove the patch without wiping out whole phone in a process?
    just installed a couple hours ago. So far the browser seems slower. It took over two mintues to load this page. Also slow load times on other pages as well. Am I the only one?
    WOW, I love my phone again without all the double typing of characters. 3 cheers for WebOSInternals for a painless upgrade to 1.4.1.1. All my patches went back cleanly, wow that group of guys are totally the BEST, Thanks Rod, etc.

I can now recommend Palm Pre's to people again.
    Keyboard issue seems resolved for me also. Happy Day! Sure would've been nice for everyone involved if Palm would have said that it was definitely gonna be fixed with software so that they wouldn't have lost so many good customers with their silence and poor communication within the company to customers. "Not a known issue" sometimes-"software fix coming" sometimes-"hardware problem" sometimes. Happy man here now--have always really really liked this phone except for this one glaring keyboard issue-now I can relax, be happy and actually recommend the Pre Plus to others.

I use Verizon Navigator (have to since I travel so much) so I haven't really had any issues with GPS.

As far as the web pages loading any different I don't see any change. It's still pretty speedy on Wifi and with a good 3G signal. I did, however, notice that the Pre Central Forums took unusually long to load on my PC just now.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    How do you get your patches back? One at a time?
    Quote Originally Posted by sipple31 View Post
    I didn't uninstall my patches and paid the price. They got "locked up" so to speak and wouldn't function or uninstall. Had to Doctor.
    Before the update, I had 9 apps, 2 linux apps, 18 patches, 4 services, and 1 theme. The only thing I uninstalled was the theme.

Did a Luna restart, then downloaded/unpacked/installed the new OS update. Once that was done, I went straight into preware and it listed 18 patches that needed updating. All updated flawlessly, Luna restart, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...is mine charging faster???? hmmmm....
    I was wondering the same thing as well. Sitting at 40% when I got up this morning. Hooked up the USB charge for just over an hour before I had to leave for school... was totally surprised when I unhooked it and saw it was at 100%.

Battery life seems to have improved as well. Off the charger for about 6 hours now. A few texts, couple phone calls, check preware for new stuff... sitting at 95% at the moment.
  15.    #35  
    Weird problem. When i just upgraded to 1.4.1.1, i instantly opened Google maps and it worked perfect. Then is did some Preware/patching/themeing and the GPS works like it did before. i have to open VZ Nav again!
    How do you get your patches back? One at a time?
    Mostly Yes...
    Battery life was much worse today. I usually get home with 20% and I'm still at the office and the phone is about to die...Not overclocking.

Typing is better, but still getting dropped keys.
    seems like when I flick cards away, the transition btwn cards is super fast.

the overall os is very zippy. And I don't overclock on my pre plus. Just by viewing youtube videos not sure how much zippier overclocking will do as it's pretty fast at stock.

battery life about the same as with 1.4, which is generally good.

double key issue GONE. Missed letters, think that's a hardware issue due to gooey nature of keys and fact that if I press key hard I get every letter without prob.

gps is much quicker and def works. Both google maps and ypmobile. For google maps I have noticed occ that on start up I occ get the cannot find location screen, but if I use the option to "clear maps" the gps then works.

the app catalog has options now for "hottest apps" and "whats new". I think they had different category names before, but same fxn.

zoom fxn improved in docs and pdf viewer. Thank goodness.

overall, I am EXTREMELY pleased with the 1.4.1.1 update.

keep up the good works palm. Look forward to 1.5
    I've concluded through my own tests that Pre Plus 1.4.1 users who want to enjoy overclocked speeds MUST NOT use the superprekernal and instead MUST use the uberkernal. The superprekernal WILL lead to double charactering again while the uberkernal will NOT. The idea here is that superprekernal uses the 1.4.0 kernal, while the uberkernal is 1.4.1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12