Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this entire post (inccluding the title is being tped unedited from a fresshly updated 1.4..1.1 and rebootted pre pplus using sharp, hort keystoke so as not to confuse the issssue with holding the keys for too long.

to be honest I am not surprised it isn't fixed, but rather urprised pallm said it was.
    I have a Sprint Pre and mine skips letters...it's becoming exceedingly annoying.
    I have a bell pre, and it has 99 problems but a key ain't one.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    it didn't fix yours but it fixed mine. Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Gamah View Post
    this entire post (inccluding the title is being tped unedited from a fresshly updated 1.4..1.1 and rebootted pre pplus using sharp, hort keystoke so as not to confuse the issssue with holding the keys for too long.

to be honest I am not surprised it isn't fixed, but rather urprised pallm said it was.
    that's you talking for urself a lot of people got the problem fixed with this new update.
    I used it all day long in real world usage and my Pre Plus with the 1.4.1 installed late last night has indeed fixed the double character issue. I tested my phone out a lot today to ensure this was the case.

This was with running the phone at stock speed. However, last nite I also reinstalled the superkernal and o/c to 800. Surprisingly, my phone started double charactering again particularlyl with the "I" key. So I immediately uninstalled, running stock all day long.

I will now try to reinstall the superkernal @ 720 to see what issues, if any, arise.
    maybe your phone's keyboard actually has a problem, and it isn't software related. You just assumed it was cause everyone elese was.
    Try doctoring, then reintsalling the 1.4.1.1 update
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    I used it all day long in real world usage and my Pre Plus with the 1.4.1 installed late last night has indeed fixed the double character issue. I tested my phone out a lot today to ensure this was the case.

This was with running the phone at stock speed. However, last nite I also reinstalled the superkernal and o/c to 800. Surprisingly, my phone started double charactering again particularlyl with the "I" key. So I immediately uninstalled, running stock all day long.

I will now try to reinstall the superkernal @ 720 to see what issues, if any, arise.
    I think I know your problem with the kernel. The superPreKernel uses the base1.4.0 kernel try overclocking with the UberKernel with govnah I had that installed with no double typing at all.

the only problem I have now is somwtimes I don't hit the key hard enough so it doesn't put the letter up but that is very rare.
    I have still seen a few instances of double typing on my VZW Pre. Much less than before, and not enough to really bother me, but it's not completely fixed.
    I think you have a defective keyboard. The update solved my issue with the keyboard.

I was also hoping it would make my thumbs smaller, t maybbe the next release I will get that (grrin).

this all written as fast as I can on my updated (and formerly repeating/skipping keyboard.

you should ask for a replacment phone, IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I think you have a defective keyboard. The update solved my issue with the keyboard.

I was also hoping it would make my thumbs smaller, t maybbe the next release I will get that (grrin).

this all written as fast as I can on my updated (and formerly repeating/skipping keyboard.

you should ask for a replacment phone, IMHO
    Sorry, couldn't help it.

Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I love my palm pre plus, just wanted to get that out of the way. However I'm still getting the double lettters. Though it doesn't seem to happen as often as it happened before. So I've deciided to keep the phone mostly because itss not bad enough to bother me and because I have a phantom skin on my phone with no sspare. I don't want to pay for another so unless this gets worse I'm keeping my pre. And yes I posted this frpm myy pre with no editting.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I am too getting the double letttters on 1.4.1.1. I has to be a hardware issue and not software. Why would they say they fixed it?!? Kind of like the government
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Palm pre plus user here. Double typing is most certainly fixed on mine after the last update. I heard from another Pre (sprint) user that the update did not fix theirs either, but they got a replacement phone and said that fixed it. Something to do with the keys not connecting fully.

The only issue I'm having now is the "i" skips about 75% of the time now, and the backspace doesn't always work.
    My double-typing issue is much better after the update, though it isn't 100% gone- 24 hours later, I've had at least one double type.

My double type got better for about a day after I shut down the phone and massaged all the keys for a couple of minutes, but the issue came back quickly. I'll be interested to see if the software adjustments keep the issue at bay going forward but it seems some people are still having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I have a Sprint Pre and mine skips letters...it's becoming exceedingly annoying.
    That's strange because non of our 3 Sprint Pres have ever skipped letters, going on almost a year now.
    I dont want to blame the people typing...but maybe you just arent very good at typing on the Pre?

I dont blame you the keyboard is tiny and hard.

If you haven't....try giving your phone to 5 different people...with different sized digits.

See if the double type issue happens for them.

Im just saying: in the name of the Scientific Method we need to eliminate all possibilities that you don't just suck at typing on the Pre.

Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my pre+ is a lot better after 1.4.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
    Mine is a lot better too...I've had one double letter entry since updating. It's been a great improvement for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast