Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    I have no problems with the way it is now.. I have big fingers and I love the pre's keyboard
    agreed
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Hmm, I didn't mean ANYTHING about oreo, I meant straight good old fashioned physics stability. Oreo is twisting the two pieces, I am talking about the stability of the one piece, the keyboard itself. If I am not mistaken the term of this is "torsional stability".

Try this: take a piece of single ply cardboard, like from a cereal box. Cut it into a the general shape of the back of the Pre (with the keyboard). Grab both ends and twist -- see how easy that twists?

Now take a small plastic frame the same size as the cardboard and glue it to the edges of it. Now twist it again -- see the stability?

Note, even if you take the plastic frame and only cover half of the sheet of cardboard the piece that does not have the frame twists very easily.
    Wait. Your "evidence" is that I can twist a piece of cardboard easier than plastic? So removing the raised edges on the Pre means the rest of it will be constructed from cardboard? Wow, that's some pretty poor scientific reasoning.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Just because you see room on the outside, doesn't mean there is room on the inside. In your picture you have letters all the way to the edge. There is a piece of plastic with wall thickness right under that. Without opening it up, I can't say what else is under there but I imagine it's not just wasted space. What I would be happier about is fixing the double/triple/no spacebar presses.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    This wouldn't work out too well. You wouldn't be able to press the Q for example because it would be up against the little "wall" that the keyboard has around it.
    Nope. There's no more raised edge/wall in the new design.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wait. Your "evidence" is that I can twist a piece of cardboard easier than plastic? So removing the raised edges on the Pre means the rest of it will be constructed from cardboard? Wow, that's some pretty poor scientific reasoning.
    His point was that those edges provide structure, which they do. The keyboard is less likely to bend with those ribs than if it was flat as you suggest. They also provide a surface for the screen to slide on when opened and closed.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    His point was that those edges provide structure, which they do. The keyboard is less likely to bend with those ribs than if it was flat as you suggest. They also provide a surface for the screen to slide on when opened and closed.
    Yeah but there is still structure without it because the rest is made of metal and plastic, not cardboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post

Wow, what an arsehole. Just let me say I sure am glad you are not in any kind of product design job.

And just in case you have to ask "what is an '****'?" (like you thought I meant the Pre was made out of cardboard, seriously...), just do a google search on it...
    It really isn't bad at all, took about a week to become fluent on the keyboard now I can hammer out texts like nobody's business!
    what you really want is the Centro keyboard. Met too. But, I want WebOS more.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12