1.    #1  
    There are two things my Pre does, when I am talking on the phone, that drives me crazy.

1) If I shift the phone on my cheek slightly, the screen wakes up and the phone initiates a conference call. I am not sure how this happens, since I don't see any buttons for conference calling. It usually calls the voicemail of the person I am already on the line with, but sometimes it randomly calls someone in my phonebook.

2) Same situation, but it activates the mute button.

I would love a patch, or patches that:

1) Completely eliminates the conference call function (never made one, never will)

2) Extends the wait time between when you take the phone away from your cheek and when the screen wakes up, so you can't just shift and accidently activate something

Does this make sense? Is it possible?

Thanks!
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    It sounds like a problem with the proximity sensor. I would guess that a replacement is needed more than a patch.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by exiledsoxfan View Post
    It sounds like a problem with the proximity sensor. I would guess that a replacement is needed more than a patch.
    Maybe. But, this isn't the first Pre that has done this. And, though I do think it didn't start until I started getting refurbs.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    Do you have a shield? I had the exact same problem and it turned out to be the shield just slightly covering the proximity sensor causing this exact condition.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.