1.    #1  
    So, with today's news on the HP acquisition of Palm, could this put a hold on any new product that Palm might have had in the pipeline? The C40, or whatever?

Will we have to wait for the acquisition to complete and HP to step in and manage production of new devices? Could this be why we've heard the rumor of the Pre Plus on Sprint instead of an entirely new device?
    No

To all your questions. Now take a deep breath and go back to work.
    Accoring to JRs conversation with Engadget (you can see it on thier page), the PALM roadmap hasnt changed at all, so, the c40 is likely still on target as before.

PALM will be operating as another "business unit" inside of HP, and HP intends to invest heavily in WebOS R&D and marketting, because, they see the smartphone industry as just being in its infancy (which, it is: 200m sjartphon users worldwide, versus 3billion cell phone users worldwide).

JR said HP will be "doubling down" on WebOS, and that was the point of the acquisition.

They felt PALM couldnt really win in the space alone, but had everything they needed but the financial depth and marketting ability, which HP can provide.

HP also indicated that they intend on building WebOS's relationship with the 10 largest carriers worldwide.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

obviously the next palm device is already in development
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    obviously the next palm device is already in development
    Not just in development, I'm betting, but getting prepared for release soon. With what's already in the webOS pipeline, and HP's backing, we all should be very happy that we've stuck with Palm. Things are going to get very, very cool.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    You can look at the FCC filing NDA/silence release date to get an estimate on the new hardware announcements. Looks like we'll be seeing new devices announced (not available yet though) around september 2010, and another in november.
    Quote Originally Posted by kertong View Post
    You can look at the FCC filing NDA/silence release date to get an estimate on the new hardware announcements. Looks like we'll be seeing new devices announced (not available yet though) around september 2010, and another in november.
    And if it does indeed come in September, that will be great (so long as it is better than Pre in the Pre's form factor), as I will have the cash for a new phone then Plus, I can use my current Pre as a development only device
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup