1.    #1  
    Subject says it all.

I have a hardware issue, and would like to avoid having a problem with the service team. At the same time avoid having to start fresh with homebrew, etc.

Thanks!
    twitter: thestash
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Yes, absolutely, 100% do it. There is a chance the tech won't mind, but a far greater chance they won't even look at your Pre. I'm in the same boat, and am putting off going in for this reason, I don't want to spend time restoring things to where they are now.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Two of my friends had problems with their phones. Both also had preware installed with themes and all kinds of patches and neither of them went through the trouble of removing stuff. Two different sprint stores and not a single problem getting them to exchange them. I understand that this might have just been something to do with their luck, but I don't think they would say anything on having stuff like that on the phone. Now the only thing is that they both had their phones running at stock speed. If you have your phone running at 720 or 800mhz, I would say to atleast get that back to stock. I myself would feel safe just taking those couple of steps to get everything back to stock, just because I don't have the luck they seem to have .
    Quote Originally Posted by thestash View Post
    Subject says it all.

I have a hardware issue, and would like to avoid having a problem with the service team. At the same time avoid having to start fresh with homebrew, etc.

Thanks!
    My local sprint store even has preware installed on the demos