Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Someone please kill that post with 10 million smiley faces! That makes the entire page unusable!

In other news, notice the post above that points out that Palm used to be part of 3Com, which HP bought last year... I think my first Palm device had a 3com logo on it.

Time to party like it's 1998!
  2.    #142  
    The first slide posted by Major Payne above shows a tablet and handhelds. Nothing in writing on this yet except on CNBC. Conference call on now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Someone please kill that post with 10 million smiley faces! That makes the entire page unusable!
    Glad it wasn't just me that that happened to.
    I am reading this thread with the theme to rocky playing in the background, and a tear just ran down my cheek.. God bless america!!!!!!!!
    HP says they are using WebOS on this web call.
  6.    #146  
    Link indicating Tablets and handhelds...

News Headlines
    Perhaps this means Dataviz will get back to work on the Docs2Go application??!!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I really hope HP uses their financial and industry power to take WebOS to the level it should be at.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Perhaps this means Dataviz will get back to work on the Docs2Go application??!!!
    I was thinking the same thing, i bet this will change lot of developers thinking towards WebOS and we can see some surge in apps. Well Dataviz can suck an egg as far im concerned they already written off Palm
    if I can get a update or somehow get webos on my touchsmart... Omg...
    WebOS Tablet confirmed!
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    No wonder PALM just offered me a free warranty replacement for my USB cracked PRE without problem, lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by slick5150 View Post
    What's up with the ***** post on Page 6 with all the 's. It took down my browser hard.
    Same here.. The guy who made that post is an *****.
    I'm telling you... if HP/Palm released a WebOS tablet tomorrow, I'd be right there dropping $$ to get one! I can't wait to see that happen!!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    I will admit, I haven't liked HP in a long time (not since the days of Carly). Hopefully, they won't screw things up and hopefully they use the Palm name.
  16.    #156  
    HP: "Significant retention plan put in place for Palm employees"
    separate unit
    awesome

palm name will live on
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Hmmm... I'm sure this was in Palm's best interest, but I wonder how it will affect the consumer. I'm curious to see what the future holds, only time will tell. Actually it kind of bothers me a bit, not sure that I'd ever buy an HP product. Guess I'll hold on to my Pre for a while until all of this plays out.
    Are you worried about build quality and support?

I have had laptops and printers from HP, they seem to support those pretty well. HP has had it's bumps too, but they aren't too bad. Build quality is actually similar to the Pre, sort of iffy but usable.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    HP: "Significant retention plan put in place for Palm employees"
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    separate unit
    awesome

palm name will live on
    Those two statements make me feel a lot better.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I like the palm branding but can do without it as long as I can continue to use webos I will be so happy.
    I don't believe that the Palm branding will go anywhere. I think that now it will be the HP Palm Pre, HP Palm Pixi, etc.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast