Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Will there not be a Pre 2, so to speak, from Palm?
    I'm hoping an announcement regarding the next iteration of the Pre comes out soon since they won't have to worry about funding anymore.
    This is the best news for Palm!

A well known large company!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Dude, I'm getting a Pre!

'nuff said.
    That was Dell, not HP.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I picked up 2 Palm Pre Plus' last week, and live the phone. The free wifi hotspot clinched the deal. My only concern has been what would happen to Palm. I'm not worried at all now, The webOS system as well as the Palm name will now get the support it needs, so lets get those android app ready, not to mention all the other possible apps.
    HP Slate + WebOS = so much sweeter than Ipad.
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Someone please enlighten me....does this mean that all the developers working at Palm won't work for Palm anymore? Will there not be a Pre 2, so to speak, from Palm?
    Will it be like, HP makes phones, the hardware, all that, and simply use WebOS for the operating system? And if that is the case, will we still get OTA updates? I'm kinda confused on how all this works...I don't know to be sad or happy....?
    Whoa.. dude relax! LOL... You are asking questions about news that is only a couple of hours old. This is very good news and I would truly believe it will be 'business as usual' for updates and WebOS... but now with some new devices. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
    sad, but glad ! :0)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    MAJOR NEWS UPDATE:

CNBC reporting right now that HP has told them that webOS will run on TABLET and HANDHELD devices. (If i find a link i will update this.)

WOW!
    I saw that. Again, WOW! HP is coming hard. Oh, man. The Palm haters in the media and tech news are sad today.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Holy Crap I just found about 7 slides from the presentation and here is one of them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Major Payne; 04/28/2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: added more pics
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm pretty stoked about this... In the little time that I've used webos, it's really grown on me. Really looking forward to seeing what HP and Palm can do together
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    Holy Crap I just found about 7 slides from the presentation and here is one of them
    I would't take any notice of the pictures in regards to the tablet being indicative of the actual design of a future tablet, it's just a placeholder picture using an existing HP product.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Now all Palm needs to do is release a new handset. I was thinking of going to Android due to the uncertainty around Palm. This changes everything. I'm sticking with WebOs all the way now.
    Wow. I definitely wasn't expecting HP. But I like it. And if what mikeh20 posted about HP confirming webOS being on more handhelds and tablets, then this is AWESOME. All of a sudden, Palm has a vast amount of resources available to develop webOS and put out some awesome hardware with it!
    Get ready Apple, now you will have a true competitor on every financial meaning of the word, with the backing of HP, palm WebOS devices will succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I saw that. Again, WOW! HP is coming hard. Oh, man...
    You might want to rephrase that...
    Get ready for war Apple!
    omfgbbq!!! im so excited right now. The news is that webos will live on, which is HUGE news for me. I like the palm branding but can do without it as long as I can continue to use webos I will be so happy. I literally took a shot and cheersed to palm when I read this I was so happy. webOS 4 life!!! lol
    Its still a possibility for HTC (or even Lenovo) to make additional offers now that Palm is play -- sort of like an Ebay auction where everyone hopes that no one bids.

I had expected that HTC with its Apple patent trouble, or Dell -- were the more likely acquirers
    Last edited by BARYE; 04/28/2010 at 04:20 PM.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Is the livecast not up for anyone else right now. It's 5PM EST and I just have the slideshow pictures...
    What's up with the ***** post on Page 6 with all the 's. It took down my browser hard.
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast