Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Just think...

PrePaq
    Previlion
    Presario

and then PrePaq+, Pixvilion, Pixario, etc.

And HP knows how to make good hardware, as well as decent TV commercials.

...dancing for joy!
  2.    #102  
    A Palm employee reaction...

Ben Combee, Developer relations... @unwiredben

"I'm optimistic about HP's merger Palm & them investing in the future of webOS. Interesting fact: Last November, HP bought 3Com. With this deal, Palm & 3Com will be back under one corporate parent. It feels like 1998!"
    “Palm’s innovative operating system provides an ideal platform to expand HP’s mobility strategy and create a unique HP experience spanning multiple mobile connected devices,” said Todd Bradley, executive vice president, Personal Systems Group, HP. “And, Palm possesses significant IP assets and has a highly skilled team. The smartphone market is large, profitable and rapidly growing, and companies that can provide an integrated device and experience command a higher share. Advances in mobility are offering significant opportunities, and HP intends to be a leader in this market.”

Nice....
    twitter: thestash
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    LOL, I have a HP Jornada that still works fine. I have not used it for a few years but I got it out charged it up and it works fine.

I own three apple computers but I am so tired of Steve Jobs and the Apple fan boys that I no longer will buy any Apple products.

This is good news, in my opinion webOS blows away Apple's iPhone.
    Pre + Jornada + Pixi = Perjury?
    Odd how they released this right in the middle of their new launches on the networks.

Maybe they did this on purpose.

man.. I want a Pre now.
    Yes omg Yes I can't believe it.... Webos is finally saved!!
    HP to Acquire Palm for $1.2 Billion | Business Wire
    So 3Com and Palm are back together eh? ha

WebOS tablet anyone?
  8. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    This is good news. Palm lives to fight another day.
    Quote Originally Posted by john3976 View Post
    Steve Jobs just took a dump in his pants when he read about this one.

Time to take Apple down.
    Per Todd Bradley of HP:
    "Advances in mobility are offering significant opportunities, and HP intends to be a leader in this market."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    hp webcast at 2pm PST

you can already login and listen to the awesome hold music!
    How on the Pre though? Dr podder?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I wouldn't be the least surprised if the FIRST thing HP did was to design and release a kick-**** tablet PC running WebOS to compete against the iPad! .... I just hope they know enough to not call it the P-pad.
    Just thought we could use another thread on this topic...
    It seems complimentary, and HP has the heft to give WebOS a real chance against iPhone and Android. This could be really good for Palm.
    Palm III -> Samsung i500 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    How on the Pre though? Dr podder?
    No, not possible.. Unfortunately, it's using embedded Windows Media Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    This is good news. Palm lives to fight another day.
    Palm will live a lot of days now to fight.

Man, seriously, Apple is probably taking a huge dump
    This just means that I'm putting more eggs in one basket. Overall, I'd say this is the best possible news other than Palm's sales skyrocketing and going it alone. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for some quality hardware and a better WebOS.

Au revoir,

Bill
    Last edited by wbteeple; 04/28/2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Misspellings, as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    for 5.70/share...

FOR real...breaking news!!!!!!!!

Moderator note - This is the official discussion thread for HP's aquisition of Palm. Do not make any further threads and please point others to this thread.
    Someone please enlighten me....does this mean that all the developers working at Palm won't work for Palm anymore? Will there not be a Pre 2, so to speak, from Palm?
    Will it be like, HP makes phones, the hardware, all that, and simply use WebOS for the operating system? And if that is the case, will we still get OTA updates? I'm kinda confused on how all this works...I don't know to be sad or happy....?
    Twitter: adamcarter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    No, not possible.. Unfortunately, it's using embedded Windows Media Player
    *tear*
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vtboyarc View Post
    Someone please enlighten me....does this mean that all the developers working at Palm won't work for Palm anymore? Will there not be a Pre 2, so to speak, from Palm?
    Will it be like, HP makes phones, the hardware, all that, and simply use WebOS for the operating system? And if that is the case, will we still get OTA updates? I'm kinda confused on how all this works...I don't know to be sad or happy....?
    Interesting question - the HP brand is actually better known that Palm around the world so it would actually make more sense to brand them as HP phones. As for the employers, I would guess they would chop out duplication in the management structure but since the value is in the OS, the developers are likely to be kept around.
  20.    #120  
    MAJOR NEWS UPDATE:

CNBC reporting right now that HP has told them that webOS will run on TABLET and HANDHELD devices. (If i find a link i will update this.)

WOW!