Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Better than Lenovo. Hopefully we will finally get some decent hardware and WebOS will become more popular.

Also what does this mean for me since I was thinking about buying some stock in Palm?
    All the additional resource and support that can be channelled in Palm's direction now.

webOS can be developed without constantly looking around for where the next paycheck is coming from.

The webOS tablet may come to pass after all.....
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Geez.. Already 7 threads about HP buying Palm lol
    This isn't meant to sound snoby or like im the best at posting threads lol, but this was the first thread FYI.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Don't know if this is good or bad. I've owned 2 HP laptops and both were crap.
    Their consumer stuff can sometimes be like that, but their business products are rock-solid, in my opinion.
    Emergency Live streaming Webcast Requested.. I'll be on the road during this time with only my Pre
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Please point all other would be thread creators here.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    This is actually great news in my professional opinion. Will the PALM name brand still stay?
    As long as they keep developing the WebOS I won't care if we lose the Palm name. But I hope HP will keep it around, the "Palm" brand does have a loyal user base.

I still have an old iPaq device laying around somewwhere, great quality build.
    Wooohoo...i wanted HP to buy 'em ....awesome...
    You have to believe HP is looking at this from the standpoint of trying to dominate in all phases of the mobile business from webOS phones, to tablets running webOS to compete with iPad and anything else they can think of. The synergistic possibilities are endless. Oh, and don't forget the huge amount of cash HP will throw at making webOS dominate. This is the best news. webOS FTW.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    This is a good thing. It means webOS is safe for the near-term, and likely to end up on HP's slate/pad/tablet computer. Also, HP has been a supporter of open source in the past (Java) so that bodes well also.
    Today at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT, HP will conduct a live audio webcast for financial analysts and stockholders to discuss HP’s agreement to acquire Palm.

The webcast will be hosted by Todd Bradley and is accessible at HP Investor Relations - Event Details.
    I heard that the item that sealed the deal was when Palm offered to burn the creepy borg queen at the stake if HP would promise to keep WebOS alive.
    I own nothing but hp computers... I am absolutely stoked right now.... Palm lives, watch out here we come... Imagine the phones these two will produce... The ability for the palm crew to inovate webos even further, with unlimited support ... Woot woot woot
    Amazing News!!! The interest HP has in webOS is what thrills me! Wow!!!
    twitter: thestash
    I guess this is a good thing. It would've been nice if PALM were able to survive alone. Hopefully HP integrates webOS with killer hardware/.
    I liked the ipaqs back in the day.

ipaq + pre... iPre?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Go to the link below ...
    Last edited by Vkitty; 04/28/2010 at 03:39 PM.
    Hmmm... I'm sure this was in Palm's best interest, but I wonder how it will affect the consumer. I'm curious to see what the future holds, only time will tell. Actually it kind of bothers me a bit, not sure that I'd ever buy an HP product. Guess I'll hold on to my Pre for a while until all of this plays out.
  19. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Interesting move.
    And to think I wanted to switch to Android just yesterday... LOL

I'm going to start saving for a WebOS tablet so I can camp in line and be the first one.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast