Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    They paid less for palm then they made selling toner for the 9000 series last year. Perspective.
    I really hope HP does not lock webOS down and kill homebrew
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by http://blog.palm.com/
    Palm and HP
    In case you didn't hear, we just announced a merger with a little shop down the street called HP. That little shop happens to be the world’s largest technology company, and certainly one of the most revered companies in all of tech-land. Can you say "webOS acceleration"? We’re pretty excited, and pleased we surprised the world again. Go here for more information.

Jon Zilber
    As unofficial user I hope this is good news since HP is a World Wide company with plenty of resellers all over the globe. Time for a drink I think. Cheers all and may webOS finally get the credit it deserves.
    Someone sticky this pls....

Life moves fast, Don't miss a thing!!!
    OK... this is HUGE news! Engadget just reported it too... wow!
    This is actually great news in my professional opinion. Will the PALM name brand still stay?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    That's what I both predicted a few months ago, and hoped for. If Palm had to be purchased, I've always believed that HP was the best option.
    I agree. They have the cash to go head to head with Apple, Google and Microsoft in advertising and they gave Ruby and his team their support. I can't wait to see what kind of synergies we're going to see with HP's systems support and Palm's recently announced Bonjour and Bluetooth SPP. This is great news.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    It always seems things happen jusy a day or two after the Palmcast.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    this is very good news. Palm survival is assured.
    hmm so how will this work? do you think hp will call the shots or they will be " sponsors" and let palm do what they did so far. Hp has have not exactly got better i quality computers.... time will tell i just hope they will continue full support of web os and make a quality hardware to support it.
    Don't know if this is good or bad. I've owned 2 HP laptops and both were crap.
    We've been in the market for a touch screen kitchen PC and the ipad looked tempting, but without true multi tasking and no flash support it meant Windows based PC. However, webOS on an HP touch panel would be a great ipad killer and the perfect fit for our kitchen PC.

In addition, I had seen an article earlier 'Cisco Should Buy Palm To Make An iPad For The Enterprise'. There's another thought for HP.
    So will J rub and the current Hp CEO be partners... or is the HP dude now the leader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    yea, P|C come'on lets have an emergency palm cast / err doom cast..
    I'm not sure it's going to be a Doomcast. This actually could be good if Palm is allowed to be separate still
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    I can't think of anything better than an HP Slate dual-booting Win 7 and webOS. I mean, for real--an incredibly productive system coupled with the best lightweight OS on the market.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wildxconfusion View Post
    hmm so how will this work? do you think hp will call the shots or they will be " sponsors" and let palm do what they did so far. Hp has have not exactly got better i quality computers.... time will tell i just hope they will continue full support of web os and make a quality hardware to support it.
    Ideally they will allow Palm to operate as they see fit and provide financing. What will actually happen however is a mystery.
    Wow! just Wow! We were expecting Lenovo to scoop up Palm but HP came out of nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    This is actually great news in my professional opinion. Will the PALM name brand still stay?
    As long as they keep developing the WebOS I won't care if we lose the Palm name. But I hope HP will keep it around, the "Palm" brand does have a loyal user base.

I still have an old iPaq device laying around somewwhere, great quality build.
    Exciting news. Looking forward to what comes next!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast