Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Here's what I think: ...
    For the sake of brevity, I shortened the quote. There's not a word you wrote that I would disagree with. With a buyout, merger, absorption, whatever you want to call it, like this, people at the company tend to fall into three groups. High $$ execs that know that politcis and/or money won't allow them to stay, deadweight that know the gig is up and time to find a new one, and those that know they've been a big part of what was right, and now get to spread their wings. The last group starts working their butts off.
    it is sad to hear that
    I wonder who will fill all the recently vacated positions, or if those positions will be dissolved.
    Sure you could, but I have to ask: why would you want to? I run Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro because I find OS X to be ugly and constricting.
    Because I could show it to the iPad sycophants and it would make them crazy. Theirs runs phone apps; mine, I would say, runs a Mac. Once in a while, for a change of pace, I run OSX on my PCs, but then I find I need to run a program like Office, and I reboot.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Because I could show it to the iPad sycophants and it would make them crazy. Theirs runs phone apps; mine, I would say, runs a Mac. Once in a while, for a change of pace, I run OSX on my PCs, but then I find I need to run a program like Office, and I reboot.
    I was really being facetious... I don't have anything against OS X, except for the fact that OS X groupies think it's all that and a slice of toast. I don't prefer it, but I can see how someone might. And yes, I too have done the Hackintosh thing just to drive them crazy...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Hey, I'll take webOS on anything we can get. Developers don't care if an OS is running on a smartphone, a computer, a tablet, a printer, a copier, or a refrigerator, as long as there's someone to purchase, download, and run their app.

And in all seriousness, one of the great things about HP buying Palm is that their tablet is bound to be a real productivity tool. HP, I'm sure, would like nothing more than millions of smartphones and tablets running around printing to HP printers, multifunction devices, and copiers, not to mention receiving scans from them. I used to work for Ricoh, and this is how they thought--I'm sure HP has some of the same kind of DNA.

New ideas pop up everyday about this acquisition. No wonder HP is so serious about this thing...
    I saw on the news yesterday that someone built an iPad into a kitchen cabinet. I would never put one there, unless it could be removed, because it would be a huge waste. But it would be nice to have a screen built in to the door of the fridge, and then have it both control the fridge and maybe do a little surfing/youtube/hulu as well. That would be easy with a webos device.
    I think Palm is in good hands, with Advertising at least. Saw some HP commercials and they are pretty good, the HP TouchSmart looks slick, and that one ad bout that guy printing wirelessly from the phone is pretty funny.
    Hi all, I am glad to hear about ads for HP and for Palm. I have a Tivo, (in my bedroom), and have had one since the 1st week they came out. Unless the TV is on, when I cook in the kitchen, I have no idea what is advertised or not. Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920