Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    HPalm, burning the competition!

(first person to figure it out gets a thanks!)
    Napalm?
    Quote Originally Posted by angiest View Post
    HPalm, burning the competition!

(first person to figure it out gets a thanks!)
    Hpalm = H-bomb?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Napalm?
    We have a winner! (though h bomb gets honourable mention)
    Man, I'm excited that HP wants to push webOS. And I really hope they do a webOS tablet.

I think this move will end up being very good for Palm fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    Napalm?
    I dont know... I just googled "Burning the competition" and most of the results came back with a company named Firefold lol
    This is AWESOME news!!! Maybe I won't be migrating to a Blackberry later this year!!! Thais makes my day!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    I'd buy it! Is it the 4G?
    Nope. It's the HPre.
    lmao that was kinda funny, cold hearted, but funny. I'm sure this will get moved to the official thread though
    it takes time... could take a year or two before you see a product from the new combined company. you could get that blackberry and then upgrade by the time hp comes out with a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife View Post
    This is AWESOME news!!! Maybe I won't be migrating to a Blackberry later this year!!! Thais makes my day!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    it takes time... could take a year or two before you see a product from the new combined company. you could get that blackberry and then upgrade by the time hp comes out with a phone.
    I may well do that... but I am still very excited!!! Definitely a great day to be a Palm Guy I think!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I just hope that Palm really does have some good stuff in the works, and with a little cash and some new supply chain resources can get it to market this summer. If there is nothing but a Pre+ for summer, I will be very bummed. If they do have something cooking, though, they have sure been quiet about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiggyFife View Post
    I may well do that... but I am still very excited!!! Definitely a great day to be a Palm Guy I think!!!
    OT

Did you already change your pixi in your avatar to carry a HP label?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Moderator note - This is the official discussion thread for HP's aquisition of Palm. Do not make any further threads and please point others to this thread.
    Why would we not want to make any further threads? All you did was report that there was a sale. wooptedoo, There will be many other threads discussing this acquisition so stop trying to be a dictator.
    Yeah that's true, but whatever Palm was in the process of making (second generation Pre or whatever), they can now invest a lot of money into producing quality hardware and good marketing.

Palm was already improving on their marketing, now they have a deep pocket to reach into.
    Go Palm and HP!
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    Why would we not want to make any further threads? All you did was report that there was a sale. wooptedoo, There will be many other threads discussing this acquisition so stop trying to be a dictator.
    +1...I mean, lets be honest, precentral should be called palmcentral or webOS central. If your going to tell people to ONLY talk about possible the biggest new of Palm in JUST this ONE thread....I think its alittle OTT.

I would infact welcome all the hype and differing opinions in threads started about HP acquisition, their are ssssoooooo many view points, angles and affected variables. If you don't want to talk about this, then why are you here?

And I cant think of a better sub-forum for it to go into, I mean..ita huge news isn't it?Its not like all those rumor threads, this it real!!!
    Damn... WebOS tablet anyone?? Multitasking awesome interface tablet. Would be great. HP makes good products.. I had an Ipaq from them and loved it. HP is no stranger to PDA's. Their quality control is good too. Great combination.
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.hsr View Post
    +1...I mean, lets be honest, precentral should be called palmcentral or webOS central. If your going to tell people to ONLY talk about possible the biggest new of Palm in JUST this ONE thread....I think its alittle OTT.

I would infact welcome all the hype and differing opinions in threads started about HP acquisition, their are ssssoooooo many view points, angles and affected variables. If you don't want to talk about this, then why are you here?

And I cant think of a better sub-forum for it to go into, I mean..ita huge news isn't it?Its not like all those rumor threads, this it real!!!
    Guys, he's just trying to keep the forums neat and orderly, especially yesterday after the news had just broke... there were probably hundreds of new topics on the same exact subject. Making it a PIA for all.

However, with that said, I do think that we will probably need "official" threads about this topic in some of the sub forums, i.e., General webOS Chat

But let's give the mod a break, he was just trying to keep the forums neat and orderly.
    actually, this thread should be in the general webOS forum. Tired of coming to the Pre forum for general news...
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    But let's give the mod a break, he was just trying to keep the forums neat and orderly.
    As a mod elsewhere, I know it is largely a thankless job. You will always have people who don't like your decisions.

They probably didn't want multiple breaking news threads posted all over the place. I'd be willing to bet legitimate discussions about what it means as far as handsets, webOS, support, etc., will not be merged wholesale.