Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    now that's a catchy name

Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Next people will starting calling it "Herpe"
    Quote Originally Posted by meriwether View Post
    WebOS would be perfect for a $300 iPad alternative. Win7 on the Slate would be the $600 iPad alternative. If you need a full featured computer, get the Slate for the price of an iPad, and install all your Windows apps instead of having to buy featureless apps from Steve Jobs. If you just need to do what the iPad does, get the WebOS device for a lot less.
    My dream: an HP Slate that dual-boots Win 7 and webOS. Win 7 with an active digitizer (i.e., a pen) allows me to continue to take notes with OneNote and have full-featured productivity with MS Office and such, while webOS gives me the fast-booting (once they fix that; my Win 7 desktop actually boots faster than my Pre ) and snappy browing, content consumption, etc. device.

Best of both worlds. And, I'd happily pay more for the combination.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    I'm happy, but what needs to happen is going to be difficult.

Apple has already released there iPad. and the 3G vers. are shipping soon.

Dell is beginning to flood the market with new Android devices. (others too)

Palm is still on track with their Hardware road map but I'm hoping there's a tablet in there so that HP can boost R&D on to get something out. Hopefully in less than one year.

Overall, things are looking optimistic
    Agreed, but you've gotta admit, "harder" is just a little tiny bit easier to accomplish with mountains and mountains of cassssshh!
    I think this is the fastest-filling thread...evah!

On topic though, I think this is a great idea. HP has a HUGE corporate footprint, and the money needed to push WebOS as an alternative to iPhone and Blackberry.
    The thing about Apple is increasingly the little walled-fortresses their devices have become. Insane DRM for music & books, draconian app store submission policies, unwillingness to entertain software like Flash. If HP can keep WebOS open and flexible, and build the dev community, they could really offer not only a different (and better) UI experience but a much better user experience.

Oh, and my favorite photoshop regarding the merger comes from Engadget - check out the bad boy next to the Pixi.. =)

Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Sounds too much like an asian guy ordering a premium cable channel! haha
    feel embarrassed that I laughed (hard) at that
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    This is a good thing. It means webOS is safe for the near-term, and likely to end up on HP's slate/pad/tablet computer. Also, HP has been a supporter of open source in the past (Java) so that bodes well also.
    You know what they might do, they could sell the HP Slate with Windows 7, and the Compaq brand could be used for tablets running WebOS, to differentiate them.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I think this is the fastest-filling thread...evah!

On topic though, I think this is a great idea. HP has a HUGE corporate footprint, and the money needed to push WebOS as an alternative to iPhone and Blackberry.
    if HP does it right, RIM could conceivably be the biggest loser here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Same here.. The guy who made that post is an *****.
    Make sure you click the "report this post" link at the bottom of that post so a moderator will remove it.
    What a joy to see on Engadget 4 of the 5 hot items in their header and the top 4 stories on the page are all pretty darn positive Palm stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Make sure you click the "report this post" link at the bottom of that post so a moderator will remove it.
    I can't get to the report button lol...
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Agreed, but you've gotta admit, "harder" is just a little tiny bit easier to accomplish with mountains and mountains of cassssshh!
    Indeed it does! XD!
    We cant even get to the bottom. So we cant report it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I can't get to the report button lol...
    I think it's been deleted. This forum used to limit the number of smiley icons you could put in a message. That feature must be broken today.

Who posted that mess?
    I think it's been deleted. This forum used to limit the number of smiley icons you could put in a message. That feature must be broken today.

Who posted that mess?
    Demetry14
    said it earlier... HP Slate with WebOS = pPad? ewww
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I was wondering what happened... I made a post right around page 6 and explorer completely froze up... had to shut it down and restart it to find my post on page 7 or 8...
    much luv for Engadget.....Gizmodo is POS
    The new company name is HPre.

This is great news!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Actually wanted to bring up HP's heavy corporate design background and how this might play into future WebOS devices.

I'm happy WebOS is here to stay but just hope the next phone doesn't look like this!
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast