Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    to webOS and Palm, Live long and prosper

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Or just an HP Palm.
    No, they should keep the palm name on its own, palm is still one of the most well known phone makers with the treo etc. And people would much rather have a palm phone then a HP phone
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Perhaps this means Dataviz will get back to work on the Docs2Go application??!!!
    Let's hope they get Docs2Go ASAP. It was one of the major reasons for me to even get the Pre. I really need that app.
    1st order of business fire the company that makes palm hardware and go with Hp's hardware/design shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I don't believe that the Palm branding will go anywhere. I think that now it will be the HP Palm Pre, HP Palm Pixi, etc.
    I hope they come up with something better than Pre and Pixi. Those are silly names. HP has better marketing and should be able to create product names that carry some value.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    on their Facebook announcement Palm is calling the acquisition as a merger. Perhaps good news regarding Palms continued autonomy?
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey4life0099 View Post
    so do you think theyll call the next webos phone an hp palm? or still just a palm?
    The H-Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedcas View Post
    on their Facebook announcement Palm is calling the acquisition as a merger. Perhaps good news regarding Palms continued autonomy?
    Yup, the live blog talked about most everyone at Palm staying in the adventure!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I hope they come up with something better than Pre and Pixi. Those are silly names. HP has better marketing and should be able to create product names that carry some value.

Not to sound sexist, but they should have marketed the pixi as a girls smartphone, maybe done the colour thing sooner, for that sort of market its agreat phone

I think they will revisit the treo at some point
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I'm happy, but what needs to happen is going to be difficult.

Apple has already released there iPad. and the 3G vers. are shipping soon.

Dell is beginning to flood the market with new Android devices. (others too)

Palm is still on track with their Hardware road map but I'm hoping there's a tablet in there so that HP can boost R&D on to get something out. Hopefully in less than one year.

Overall, things are looking optimistic
    I don't like Gizmodo and they don't like Palm, but the pic they came up with makes me laugh.

HP Buys Palm: How It Changes Everything - Palm - Gizmodo

Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    The H-Pre
    The HPreo

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    this is awesome news! i feel vindicated on my smartphone choice back in March at the verizon store.... 2 Pres for $50 and no giant brickphone in my pocket...
    Quote Originally Posted by natsteff View Post
    We've been in the market for a touch screen kitchen PC and the ipad looked tempting, but without true multi tasking and no flash support it meant Windows based PC. However, webOS on an HP touch panel would be a great ipad killer and the perfect fit for our kitchen PC.

In addition, I had seen an article earlier 'Cisco Should Buy Palm To Make An iPad For The Enterprise'. There's another thought for HP.
    WebOS would be perfect for a $300 iPad alternative. Win7 on the Slate would be the $600 iPad alternative. If you need a full featured computer, get the Slate for the price of an iPad, and install all your Windows apps instead of having to buy featureless apps from Steve Jobs. If you just need to do what the iPad does, get the WebOS device for a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    The HPreo
    Sounds too much like an asian guy ordering a premium cable channel! haha
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    Keep your Palm labeled devices they are now Classics........

HP STILL sells compaq..... not to worried about the Palm branding, if HP is still selling Compaqs, even with Compaq BIOS screen.... can't imagine they would dump the recognizable Palm brand to attempt to brand themselves as a competitor in the smart phone market. You may see them dual brand some stuff, but can't see em giving up name recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post
    I don't like Gizmodo and they don't like Palm, but the pic they came up with makes me laugh.

that picture made me laugh....now apple dont like gizmodo...maybe they will befriend palm..they need all the friends they can get
    Quote Originally Posted by gobanjoboy View Post

That's great!!!!
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    The H-Pre
    Next people will starting calling it "Herpe"
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Next people will starting calling it "Herpe"
    Can't stop laughing at that one
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast