1.    #1  
    To all that are still on their first/launch day Pre:
    How has your hardware held up all this time?
    Has the battery life of your Pre gotten worse?
    Is the screen scratched up really bad?
    Any hardware issues in particular?

If you want, show us a pic of the front and back of your Pre or show a pic of any hardware issues.

I'm on my second Pre because my first had the phantom headphone problem and I couldn't find a solution for it so I got it replaced for free from Sprint for a refurb. They didn't replace the battery though, they just transferred it over to the new Pre (when I say new, of course I mean the refurb that is new to me) and the battery sucks.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    As I posted earlier today...

I still have my launch day Pre. But somehow I fubar'd it this morning while trying to reset it to factory default. So Sprint is sending out a replacement. Not sure if it's a refurb or new. The tech support guy said that they got word that most of the refurbs had been taken out of the loop.

The only issue I've had on my Pre is a crack from the USB door to the screen. Other than that it's been awesome. I've dropped it from 15 feet up a couple times and it landed flat on the screen. This was after the USB door had already cracked out tot he lower right of the screen.

The screen is slightly scratched but that's to be expected after the many drops, falls, sliding in and out of cases, closing it in slot machine doors, etc.

These devices may not be "rugged"ized but they're still fairly tough.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I have two Pre's since August. No problems, no cracks, nothing fell off and nothing quit working.

There are definitely some defects and there are some issues with phone treatment. Do some reading but don't be scared by the small number (relatively) of problems voiced. Remember that most people only post when they have a problem.
    Dan
    I'm still using my Sprint launch day Pre. I've never had a hardware issue and I don't have any scratches or cracks. The battery does not last as long as my Centro battery did, but this phone has a lot more going on at all times. Still, my battery lasts all day on a charge with wifi, bluetooth and GPS running at all times.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Wife and I still on our 1st Pres. We got them in July 09, so about 1 month after launch. Battery has gotten better (due to the webOS refinements) hardware is the same no worse. We don't use any case or screen protector, just the sleeping bag and no scratches or marks. Really happy with the phone.

Edit: Here is a recent shot of my Sprint Pre, sorry for the size.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LateNiteWithJme; 04/28/2010 at 02:41 PM.
    Still have the launch day pre...no issues with the hardware...battery has improved significantly...scratches on the screen.... well within 48hrs of getting the phone i scratched my screen so other than that nothing else is wrong with my phone.
    My launch-day Pre was almost perfect from day one (a single stuck pixel), and stayed that way until about a month ago when I dropped it into a cup of green tea. Even after that, it continued working albeit with a screwed-up gesture area, funkey keyboard, and a quirky power button. I never had a single problem with it, and despite a number of other drops I didn't have a single scratch on the screen (and no, I didn't use a screen protector).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    To all that are still on their first/launch day Pre: June 6, 2009 Still on the Original
    How has your hardware held up all this time? The hardware is still almost brand new
    Has the battery life of your Pre gotten worse? Better with each update
    Is the screen scratched up really bad? Not scratched at all
    Any hardware issues in particular? None - home brewed - Themes - and everything else with it
    had mine since first week. Only physical problem is the usb cover is loose and will fall out if I charge it but that happened 3 weeks ago. My battery life does suck but I have about 34 patches and I use it exclusively to get online (i drive a truck) not scratched to badly as I've kept it in it's pouch when I'm not using it.
    another truck driver here, mines still as good as new, had it since november... Couldn't live without it... Now that hp has merged with palm, we will start to see it's real capabilities
    I got mine in August 09 (original), battery is still the same (kind of sucks) hardware is in almost new shape ( except for that small crack by the usb cover) no scratches on the screen and very happy with it. Can't wait for the next model to come out!
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    My wife and I have had our Pre's since June of 09 and they are both still great! Everything is still working beautifully. Very happy with them. No hesitation recommending the phone to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    To all that are still on their first/launch day Pre: June 6, 2009 Still on the Original
    How has your hardware held up all this time? The hardware is still almost brand new
    Has the battery life of your Pre gotten worse? Better with each update
    Is the screen scratched up really bad? Not scratched at all
    Any hardware issues in particular? None - home brewed - Themes - and everything else with it
    My sentiments exactly... My Pre is 10x better than what it was on 6/6/09.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I've had my Pre since 6/15/09. No scratches(no screen protector),cracks,hardware/software issues. Looks the same as the day I bought it. I really like this phone.

If I didn't read PreCentral or other forums/tech sites I would think this is the best phone made! I seriously believe most of the badmouthing is due to ulterior motives and customer abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColbyM View Post
    To all that are still on their first/launch day Pre:
    Mine is a launch day Pre.

How has your hardware held up all this time?
    Just fine!

Has the battery life of your Pre gotten worse?
    Nope. I haven't used my original Pre battery since I got the Amzer 1400 battery, though.

Is the screen scratched up really bad?
    Nope, just one nick in the screen area (nearish a corner) that I've had since day one and another nick above and to the side of the phone speaker from when my Pre flew onto a tile floor face-down (I tripped and the phone slipped from my grip).

Any hardware issues in particular?
    Nope, no issues. Unless you count the "Too Many Cards" notification when trying to play a 3D game after not resetting the phone for many days/weeks.