1.    #1  
    OK, so I am extremly new to the whole patches, homebrew thing. I've tried so many times to get it to work and I haven't had any luck. Anway, I try again today and I get in to click off some tweaks. Being that I read the instructions a while ago, foolishly, I didn't read again when i actually got it working. So I clicked off a bunch of tweaks and hit the luna restart. Not realizing I should have clicked that after each tweak I checked off.

Now my phone has been stuck on the "PALM" startup screen. Every 10 seconds or so i can see it flashes a little bit on the bottom and says something like "updating system" along those lines.

Anything I can do to fix this or did I just mess up my pre!!

Please help.

As you can see I'm new to the forum too and excuse me that I couldnt' even find the freakin search box to look for previous threads on this.
    You might have to WebOS doctor it
  3.    #3  
    that's what I was thinking, It will work even though my phone is just stuck on the startup screen? Ill give it a shot. From what I read once I sign back into my palm profile most of my stuff will still be there.
    ride the lightning
    EOM
    Plug into your computer and remove the battery and hold the up (or down, I can't remember) volume button and insert battery and then try to Doctor it.
    Maybe it was just a bad patch or install of that patch because I usually don't luna restart until I am done adding as many patches as I find. I have installed 15 patches in a row without restarting luna. Maybe you could try pulling the battery a few times before you Dr. Give the phone at least 5 mins before you pull though because it could be working. If not, you need to go see the Doctor, sorry.
    same problem weeks ago patching and somewhere missing files to boot stuck on Palm Logo.

Tried to WebOs Quick Repair process after 4 Hours still no go and had to do the Palm Emergency Repair WebOSDoctor process.

Maybe worth it if you have the time to do the Quck Repair, especially if your problem is minimal.

Sorli...
    After you get your phone running again, this link will provide all the information you need to post on PreCentral:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post1828424

Good luck and welcome to PreCentral.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks guys. I'm in the middle of Doctoring it right now. Looking forward to what I can do with all the tweaks, patches, etc!!

Thanks Bevcraw...i will take a look at that link
    Doctoring isn't a bad thing. It is scary the first time, but after that you know what to expect.

I like having a clean slate from time to time. Especially after a WebOS update to ensure I don't have any bugs hanging around in the shadows somehow.
  11.    #11  
    ^^ Good point. I was frustrated for a while that I coudln't get any of the patches to work so I kinda gave up. Now that I know I can get it to work and that loging back into my palm profile restores most of my stuff, I may experiment more.
    Quote Originally Posted by iannuzzi4 View Post
    ^^ Good point. I was frustrated for a while that I coudln't get any of the patches to work so I kinda gave up. Now that I know I can get it to work and that loging back into my palm profile restores most of my stuff, I may experiment more.
    The big thing I have learned here is to read, read and read some more.

Oh... and use the search feature to read even more.

You won't have been the first to have the issue or question and you won't be the last.

When everything goes wacky... just call the Dr. and you are like new again.
  13.    #13  
    Yea, I try to read as much as I can, but i got so excited that it actually worked I forgot to go back and check. As I get more in depth with everything I will be able to answer my own questions, etc...

Next I gotta figure out why I can't install a theme! Was getting some weird message about that when i tried.