Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by wraithnet View Post
    The black screen crashes I was getting with the UK and govnah were starting to get annoying. So I'm running a little experiment in that I have the UK installed, but staying with the stock setting, no changes in govnah. If it runs stable for awhile, then I believe the problem lies in the governor settings and not the kernel as a whole, or at least the governor setting on *my* hardware. I'll feed back my findings to those interested.
    Make sure you don't leave Govnah running for a long time, cause it stores all the graph data in memory at the moment and you will fill the memory causing a crash.

In the future, before Govnah comes out of alpha testing, it will store to a database instead.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    im running the compcache kernel which i like alot. i ran the kernel's that are used in UK and SPK, but those usually made my phone run hot especially when running mobile hotspot. The main feature i like about compcache is that it scales the cpu when the screen is in use or not in use. Screen is on, BOOM 800mhz. Screen is off, 500mhz (this comes in handy when using mobile hot spot)
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    im running the compcache kernel which i like alot. i ran the kernel's that are used in UK and SPK, but those usually made my phone run hot especially when running mobile hotspot. The main feature i like about compcache is that it scales the cpu when the screen is in use or not in use. Screen is on, BOOM 800mhz. Screen is off, 500mhz (this comes in handy when using mobile hot spot)
    Note that the 'screenstate' governor in the compcache kernel is in the process of being added to the Uber-Kernel - should be done in the next couple of days.

Then it will be selectable (including min and max freq) in Govnah like everything else.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't leave the Govnah app open for too long
    I don't leave Govnah running for long at all. I just use it to check the cpu temp when the phone feels hot. Then I swipe it away.
    But seriously, people should just use whatever kernel solution they feel comfortable with. It's all just 1's and 0's - people shouldn't be arguing over it.
    Of course. My only goal is to provide feedback. You are welcome to take it or ignore it. If there is some way that I can modify my testing so that I can provide more useful feedback, please let me know.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    I don't leave Govnah running for long at all. I just use it to check the cpu temp when the phone feels hot. Then I swipe it away.
    Of course. My only goal is to provide feedback. You are welcome to take it or ignore it. If there is some way that I can modify my testing so that I can provide more useful feedback, please let me know.
    All the feedback is taken in the generous spirit in which it is given. It is all useful and appreciated.

As long as people realise that each phone has an individual CPU which varies due to the manufacturing process (especially when running outside the guaranteed specification limits), and don't try and compare the behaviour of one individual device against another and try to draw generalisations from that and state them as fact, then we're all good

-- Rod
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12