1.    #1  
    I've been dealing with intermittent audio while using the 3.5mm audio jack on my Pre for about 2 months now. If I am listening to music or a podcast, and my phone gets bumped even the slightest amount, it will toggle between pause and play. It doesn't matter what is plugged in: headphones, auxiliary line...sometimes I can even be using the speaker and if it gets moved just right the audio will pause.

Can this be repaired or replaced? It drives me nuts because when I am in my car, I use the auxiliary to listen to my podcasts and if I hit a small bump it will pause/play/pause/play...usually ending up on pause. So I have to fumble with it while I'm driving to get it going again, and hope that the gods are with me and let it finish before I get home.

Help.
    Sounds like a bad jack. Try to get it replaced.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Your earphone jack is dirty, needs to be cleaned. I clean both my ipod and Pre's audio jacks, they both get dirty and then I get static when I move the plug but the problem is cured when I clean the jacks.
    only other suggestion..... have you checked your cable? probably bad/dirty jack, but could be a bad cable/male end on the cable.
    No his problem isn't static or cutting out, but the phone jumping between headset and handset mode. Which probably is the contact inside the jack.

Could try cleaning but somewhat doubt it'll help.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    No his problem isn't static or cutting out, but the phone jumping between headset and handset mode. Which probably is the contact inside the jack.

This is likely the problem, and cleaning will absolutely help. Get a q-tip remove some cotton so that it'll fit into the jack, dip it in rubbing alcohol, and clean it out. I have to do this once a month, or one day I'll find my phone stuck in headset mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

this could still be the problem..... not likely, was just suggesting it. If it is a cheap/ill fitting connector it could be lose enough to lose contact. I actually have an adapter that does this in the pre, for a pair of headphones that have the large stereo plug to mini plug.... The adapter is cheap and doesn't fit as well as say the aux adapter in my car. So when the adapter gets jarred enough the phone will pause.

ohhh and for the actual internal jack issues, cleaning has fixed the issue for A LOT of people.

the third and unfixable problem would be an actual internal issue (wiring or broke piece holding the jack in place in the phone, something like that).
  8.    #8  
    I really appreciate all of your responses. I'm going to try the Q-Tip idea first, before taking it in to a Sprint store.

It doesn't matter what is plugged in, as it happens with any cable/connection. Right now, with the Pre connected to my office desktop, if I touch the cable slightly I can pause and un-pause at will. This also happens with my nice sony headphones at the house, the included Palm headset, and my cheap-o earbuds.

Maybe this is just a really cool feature that no one else knows about!
    LOL, good luck with the cleaning. You may want to read up on the stickied thread, "Phone Stuck In Headset Mode" (or something like that). It goes over some of the fixes for the headphone jack problems, and a lot of people that were able to fix their headphone jacks. They had a different problem, but it'll give you some examples of techniques. If not, this should def be a warranty replacement IMHO.