1.    #1  
    When I get a text, e-mail, etc., sometimes the LED will blink twice quickly over and over. Other times it will slowly fade on and off.

Why does it do it differently every time? Does it do it a certain way for certain notifications?
    when you receive a text or a voicemail the LED will blink once (i like to say breath), (not sure about chat messages, but i think they would fit into the one blink category), when you receive a email, Facebook, missed phone call or similar message the LED will blink twice.

something like that. I think the difference is if a message of some type is left.
    Last edited by max.swell; 04/28/2010 at 12:16 PM.
    Two quick blinks, off touchstone
    One slow blink, on touchstone
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Two quick blinks, off touchstone
    One slow blink, on touchstone
    I do not have a touchstone, and I get both single and double blinks.
    Is everyone still guessing on this?

HardBeatZ, I can tell you that's not the case since I don't have a touchstone. And mostly get the 1 slow blink.

I haven't spent any real time trying to figure this out.... but I swear I have gotten different blinks when I have the app for the notification open, than when I have it closed.... but I have seen different blinks for the same type of notification, I do know that much.
    I think these are all morse code messages from the mother ship...
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    The way my blink notifications work:
    First notification blinks slow. Repeat of first notification blinks twice fast. Ive noticed this with Texts only. Before the official blink notification was turned on, I used the patch. That may have something to do with it but I'm not sure.
    As far as I have been able to tell, missed calls/voicemails/texts give you the double-blink, one e-mail gives you the single blink, and I think multiple e-mails (or multiple e-mail acc'ts) give you the double-blink, too.

It definitely has nothing to do with the Touchstone, as I usually get the single-blink both on and off the Touchstone as well as the double-blink both on and off the Touchstone.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bag of Leaves View Post
    As far as I have been able to tell, missed calls/voicemails/texts give you the double-blink, one e-mail gives you the single blink, and I think multiple e-mails (or multiple e-mail acc'ts) give you the double-blink, too.

It definitely has nothing to do with the Touchstone, as I usually get the single-blink both on and off the Touchstone as well as the double-blink both on and off the Touchstone.
    Well I get both the single blink and the double blink for texts. It seems random. I much prefer the quick double-blink as it gets my attention easier.