Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cgibin View Post
    Anyone see an absolute need to install the 800MHz patch after updating? I've heard scattered comments that there was a slight speed improvement. How slight are we talking about?
    I reinstalled the 800 MHz patch within just a couple of minutes. I got used to the speed of the patched kernel and going back to default was painful even with the new patch.
    downloading and installing here in seattle!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charyou Tree View Post
    I reinstalled the 800 MHz patch within just a couple of minutes. I got used to the speed of the patched kernel and going back to default was painful even with the new patch.
    Yeah...totally reinstalling the patch lol
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Anyone see an absolute need to install the 800MHz patch after updating? I've heard scattered comments that there was a slight speed improvement. How slight are we talking about?
    Not really sure on the Speed Improvement, But it does seem Faster than it was, Might just be me but it does seem faster, Biggie is the Keyboard, No more double letters!!
    Just overclocked to 800mhz via the new Super Kernal app...definitely faster than before with the patch...not by much however. Google Maps opens up faster...too bad GPS is still busted.
    also might note that the automatic patch update process worked without a hitch. Took a while for all the patches to get updated but much easier than my process updating to 1.4
    Well I reinstalled the superprekernel and while it worked fine, I noticed some double keying again!! So I uninstalled the kernel and went back stock speed. Tested vigorously and no double keying. Don't know if it's related. But for now looks like I'll be going stock or at least will try that other uberkernel.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    Well I reinstalled the superprekernel and while it worked fine, I noticed some double keying again!! So I uninstalled the kernel and went back stock speed. Tested vigorously and no double keying. Don't know if it's related. But for now looks like I'll be going stock or at least will try that other uberkernel.
    I don't notice ANY double-keying or missed keys at all! 800MHz patch went smoothly!
    I don't notice ANY double-keying or missed keys at all! 800MHz patch went smoothly!
    I should add that the frequency was much less than prior to the 1.4.1 update, however it still happened, particularly with my "I" key. Regardless, tomorrow I'll get some "real world" usage and see how things go at stock speed.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samecolor View Post
    I should add that the frequency was much less than prior to the 1.4.1 update, however it still happened, particularly with my "I" key. Regardless, tomorrow I'll get some "real world" usage and see how things go at stock speed.
    I can vouch for that damned "I" key...I had the most issues with that key more than any of the others!
    Hopefully they give you guys something that has a little AWE factor to it to make the long wait for 1.4.1.1 worth wile.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Installed 1.4.1.1, no problem. Where I ran into issues was with the patch AUPT update.

Although most of AUPT has been great (106 out of 108 patches updated with no issue), I am having issues with getting the following two patches (out of 108) updated to 1.4.1 version on my Palm Pre +:
    MultiMod (internet patch); and
    SMS Tone Per Contact (messaging patch)
    And, yes, I ran the Emergency File Verification before I updated to 1.4.1.1, and everything checked out ok (except for the "flashing-progress.tga" error, which a previous post informed us to ignore).

I have tried to uninstall the original 1.4.0 patch (it fails), and to update the original 1.4.0 (failure again).

Before I webOS doctor this thing, I was hoping there might be an easy fix to my dilemma. Thoughts, anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    Installed 1.4.1.1, no problem. Where I ran into issues was with the patch AUPT update.

Although most of AUPT has been great (106 out of 108 patches updated with no issue), I am having issues with getting the following two patches (out of 108) updated to 1.4.1 version on my Palm Pre +:
    MultiMod (internet patch); and
    SMS Tone Per Contact (messaging patch)
    And, yes, I ran the Emergency File Verification before I updated to 1.4.1.1, and everything checked out ok (except for the "flashing-progress.tga" error, which a previous post informed us to ignore).

I have tried to uninstall the original 1.4.0 patch (it fails), and to update the original 1.4.0 (failure again).

Before I webOS doctor this thing, I was hoping there might be an easy fix to my dilemma. Thoughts, anyone?
    Try updating or removing and reinstalling via WOSQI.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Tested GPS right after the update - got a GPS lock in both Trapster and google maps in *very* short order. It will merit a lot further testing, but tonight I am very pleased. We will see if I'm still this elated a couple of days from now.
    Yayy, woke up to my update. Unpacked and validated. Installing right now.
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
    YESSS!!!! update acailanle as of 10:50 pm central....
    Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    I woke up to a message on my Pre saying it was automatically updated over night. I only had a few double typed letters here and there before the update. This post is my first test of the keyboard and so far no double letters. I did have one strange thing happen though... As I was typing, it seemed like it skipped a letter and put in a space. I hit the back button and the letter I thought I typed mysteriously appeared. Odd...

Google Maps & Trapster seem to find my location quicker via Google Services. But I haven't noticed an improvement in accuracy. It's still about 200 ft off. I'll test with GPS only later when I'm outside.

Oh yea... The camera does seem 'snappier' ;-)
    The screenshot on the front page of PreCentral shows the sze of the update as 10MB.

My update page shows it as 11MB.

Quote Originally Posted by sterence View Post
    in chicago, installing now. unpacking took forever; the gf's pixi started downloading after my pre, and is done updating now! wonder what takes so long on the pre.
    No offense man, but your girlfriend is a lot cuter than you, and Palm is nothing if not chivalrous!

Mine took about 35 minutes from start to finish. Most of the time was the download/unpacking.

After I got up this morning (I let it finish the last 10 minutes on it's own while I went to bed) I noticed several patches weren't working (battery %, date...etc., so I ran preware, saw I had 20 updates, ran install, restart Luna, all is well. I think my Named Launcher Pages patch still needs updating, but pretty much everything else seems to be in place.

Yay! And my keyboard issues are pretty much gone. My K key seems a bit timid, but that might be because I had gotten into the habit of typing lightly to avoid multiple entries...we'll see if I get more 'manly' on my key presses, maybe that will solve things.

I forgot to mention that I think GPS is working...but I must admit I haven't read much about the problem so I might not have the proper setting to test. Using Google Maps, the lock is exactly right, and I'm inside, and it has a very small circle around the blue dot (probably about 100 yards radius at most, when it usually was about 1/4 mile. If someone wants to tell me where I change the setting to better test GPS san the tower triangulation method, please do. I assumed it was in the Google Maps menu, but it doesn't seem to be.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 04/29/2010 at 07:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeebs View Post
    Just overclocked to 800mhz via the new Super Kernal app...definitely faster than before with the patch...not by much however. Google Maps opens up faster...too bad GPS is still busted.
    I have to ask. Are you outside when you check your location, and with location service ON? I've never had a prolem with pinpoint accurate location.

when the phone can't get a GPS signal (inside) it will fall bacl to triangulating from cell towers. By nature, triangulation will only be within a mile or two.

you should go out on your driveway or 5 minutes with location svc on, the check your location.

just sayin'
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast