Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I am installing now as well. As soon as it's done, I'll do a typing test and let you know if the typing issue seems to be fixed or not.

I really hope it is. It's my biggest gripe with the Palm Pre+.
    GPS is now working again!

At least so far. I am inside my home (yes, inside) and although it took about a minute and a half, google maps finally pulled my location! (pinpoint too!) I'll try this out in the morning again and post again.

YP Maps is working too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by duck33 View Post
    Sounds like good news to me.

So, if this software update actually did fix the double tap and triple tap words all the people that *****ED at Verizon and Palm and took their phones back 2 even 3 times gotta feel like dip ****s!!
    No, Verizon and Palm would feel bad that they didn't document it so that the technicians knew it was an issue - and let the user community know they are working on it. In the abscence of information, people will fill in the gap and take whatever action they think will meet their needs.

Nature abhors a vacuum. If they didn't want a bunch of phones back, they should have provided enough information that people would know that it was/wasn't a hardware problem.

just sayin
    Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    GPS is now working again!

At least so far. I am inside my home (yes, inside) and although it took about a minute and a half, google maps finally pulled my location! (pinpoint too!) I'll try this out in the morning again and post again.

YP Maps is working too!!
    I was always able to get an accurate location in google maps It still works, and Latitude still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I was always able to get an accurate location in google maps It still works, and Latitude still works.
    Me too. GPS has always worked for me on Google Maps. It's not 100% accurate all the time, but it's close enough.
    I can't say it's perfect, but the typing does seem more reliable.
    gps still appears to be borked.... keyboard doesn't appear to be repeating or missing letters
    Wow, this thing is soo much faster with the update. I haven't installed the overclocked kernel yet, and it's pretty snappy...
    My Pre+ is booting now!
    I typed away and didn't get any repeat characters, where normally I would've got quite a few in the same session. So perhaps it is fixed. I sure hope so, that's really all I wanted fixed if I had to pick and choose just one thing for them to do.

Tested GPS and appears as sluggish as before.
    I typed away and didn't get any repeat characters, where normally I would've got quite a few in the same session. So perhaps it is fixed. I sure hope so, that's really all I wanted fixed if I had to pick and choose just one thing for them to do.

Tested GPS and appears as sluggish as before.
    I can confirm that, so far, it appears the double letter/missing letter issue has been resolved with this update! Way to go Palm/Verizon! That update was well worth the wait for that reason alone!
    I'm still downloading the update. The double characters was clearly number one for me so I'm glad it sounds like it's fixed. Yay!

As to GPS, I returned my phone because I just assumed the GPS just didn't work on my phone. I could never get a GPS lock...ever. Outside, inside, it didn't matter. Of course I picked up my second Pre Plus only to discover it did the exact same thing. Then I consulted the boards and realized it was one of the more common problems.

It's not a deal-breaker for me (though it is annoying), but it would be nice if they fixed it (though the release notes would seem to suggest they didn't).

Oh, and as I understand it, this is purely a Pre Plus on Verizon issue. Sprint users didn't have the problem.
    I installed it without uninstalling my theme first and it installed fine. It basically changed all the graphics back to default save for a few icons and the background though. I guess I need to reinstall my theme when I get home.

GPS still borked.
    Download done. I too tested out the keyboard and got ZERO double and triple tap words. I believe its FIXED!!

Now its time to update all my patches!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Downloading/Unpacking/Verifying right now!

So estited!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Eek! Installing!!
    The double and triple letter deal seems fixed. It still misses the occasional keystroke though.
    Keyboard seems to be fixed.

GPS still has no freakin' clue where I am.

And a new development perhaps... google maps (locating using google services) now shows me as being around 5 miles from where I actually am. Before, it located me within a couple hundred feet.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Anyone see an absolute need to install the 800MHz patch after updating? I've heard scattered comments that there was a slight speed improvement. How slight are we talking about?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast