Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveChgo View Post
    Downloading with help from the world's slowest hotel wifi (Hilton) in Springfield, IL. So hopeful for this one because the double type and missed characters was REALLLLLLLYYYYY beginning to bug me. Really hope this fixes it.
    Cant get a 3G signal in Springfield?
    Keyboard issue is listed in the release notes!

h ttp://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/verizon/solutions/article/71622_en.html
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    unpacking is slowww
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    downloading in the bay area....yea
    Downloading in Knoxville, Tennessee! 11 MB...about 5 minutes into it...status bar indicates about 10 to 15 %...give or take a few.
    My phone rebooted and has been installing for about 4 minutes now, and it looks like it's only about 20% complete with the installation. This whole process is very slow.
    Well, this is definitely not a fast process. It would be nice if I could safely keep the 800 MHz patch installed while the update went through. I bet the unpacking process would be sooo much less painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by aramourne View Post
    Keyboard issue is listed in the release notes!

h ttp://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/pre/p100eww/verizon/solutions/article/71622_en.html
    Looks like nothing was done with GPS

Has verizon or palm come out and even acknowledged GPS as a problem yet?
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Downloading in Kansas! Yay!
    Quote Originally Posted by merkel85 View Post

this is sad.

I doubt they'd acknowledge it - it would be admission to something they did wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by merkel85 View Post

GPS problem? Seems to be fine for me. What isn't working?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    With "Enable Google Services" disabled, reboot your phone and go into google maps. Do you get a lock on gps? If so, is it pin-point location or is it 1/2 mile radius?

Mine is still installing... will test mine shortly....
    Fully installed and rebooted. I *think* this fixed the keyboard issue. Typed about 60 words with no repeats or missed strokes. Usually takes about 10 words for me. This might be good. Waiting for other reports ...
    Palms servers must be getting hit hard. My wireless download speed is over 15mb and its just crawling...
    Downloaded and unpacked in about 5 minutes on wifi..

Not fast, but not too terribly slow.

Rebooting now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    why do we have people come here and act like they have never heard of this issue and then claim its not a problem because they havnt seen it on there phone? You have damn near 1,000 post on this forum, I am 100% possitive you are aware of the issue.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    in chicago, installing now. unpacking took forever; the gf's pixi started downloading after my pre, and is done updating now! wonder what takes so long on the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by duck33 View Post
    Palms servers must be getting hit hard. My wireless download speed is over 15mb and its just crawling...
    They throttle the downloads on the server side so that we can all get the update at the same time...
    Quote Originally Posted by flitch81 View Post
    Fully installed and rebooted. I *think* this fixed the keyboard issue. Typed about 60 words with no repeats or missed strokes. Usually takes about 10 words for me. This might be good. Waiting for other reports ...
    Sounds like good news to me.

So, if this software update actually did fix the double tap and triple tap words all the people that *****ED at Verizon and Palm and took their phones back 2 even 3 times gotta feel like dip ****s!!
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Installing now! Yay! I should be in bed - but no - I'm playing with my phone. haha
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast