Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
       #1  
    Just wanted to share a quick observation. I always am monitoring where my friends update their status from on facebook, not sure why....i just find it interesting. Anyway, in last two weeks I have noticed that three more of my friends have started updating from facebook for palm webos. I am not saying that is a lot but I do think it is a solid indication that 2010 is the year of Palm WebOS!
  2. #2  
    I would agree....I have noticed this as well. Facebook updates via friends: Increase in webos usage to update status (now 6 friends). Its the trickle down affect! Now in France (YouTube - PalmFrance's Channel) cool commercial and soon AT&T with their commercials will increase Brand awareness. Upward slope from here. PALM learned from there launch with VErizon and AT&T employees will be better trained.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by etrade18 View Post
    I would agree....I have noticed this as well. Facebook updates via friends: Increase in webos usage to update status (now 6 friends). Its the trickle down affect! Now in France (YouTube - PalmFrance's Channel) cool commercial and soon AT&T with their commercials will increase Brand awareness. Upward slope from here. PALM learned from there launch with VErizon and AT&T employees will be better trained.
    AT&T employees seem to be a bit more supportive than Verizon as well

    It will be good to see.

    Long live webOS
  4. blu8503's Avatar
    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    AT&T employees seem to be a bit more supportive than Verizon as well

    It will be good to see.

    Long live webOS
    This may be true but I saw a thread yesterday from a verizon rep that in his area they are selling more palm pre and pixi than droid currently, so some verizon support is coming around too. Hopefully it can gain enough momentum before Incredible....
  5. #5  
    I have noticed that as well at VERIZON stores in the city and calling customer service inquiring about sales. They are coming around , becoming more trained on the product which makes it easier to push and sell
  6. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #6  
    Depends where you are - in the UK? No.

    The other thing is that you can track trends on things like twitter to get an idea of mind-share - except for short periods where it looks like palm is about to go bust or the phone is released on a new network, mentions of the pre float have not changed significantly in the last 180 days and the highest they went was in January 2009. Same for google page search, they peak at the start of January and it's down hill from there. During the same time frame, searches for the iphone and blackberry increase significantly.
    Last edited by CGK; 04/28/2010 at 08:38 AM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    Just wanted to share a quick observation. I always am monitoring where my friends update their status from on facebook, not sure why....i just find it interesting. Anyway, in last two weeks I have noticed that three more of my friends have started updating from facebook for palm webos. I am not saying that is a lot but I do think it is a solid indication that 2010 is the year of Palm WebOS!
    Maybe because the Facebook by Palm finally got legit?

    I still agree, I have seen more wild palm pres in the past couple of months
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by blu8503 View Post
    This may be true but I saw a thread yesterday from a verizon rep that in his area they are selling more palm pre and pixi than droid currently, so some verizon support is coming around too. Hopefully it can gain enough momentum before Incredible....
    If you're practically giving the phone away, and offering a buy one get one, people will buy it. Simple economics. I wouldn't read too much into that just yet.
  9. #9  
    well the phone's damn near free now...
  10. #10  
    Yeah I agree with vick, it does not hurt that they are basically handing them out these days.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    If you're practically giving the phone away, and offering a buy one get one, people will buy it. Simple economics. I wouldn't read too much into that just yet.
    Giving them away can skew the "true" demand for the phone, but it may end up increasing sales down the road.

    Palm needs some good word-of-mouth advertising. Hopefully the people that are getting them for free will be impressed enough to recommend it to their friends.
  12. #12  
    Phone giveaways are typical as a model passes from the "new and cool" phase to the "old news" phase. I just picked up a BB Curve (for work), the newest model of the Curve, for free about 3 months ago. Verizon is duping the Droid Eris, the BB Tour, and a few other phones because newer models are on the horizon. Looks like the Google branded Android is stillborn, it was eclipsed before it was even launched.

    Nothing to see here... unless Palm does NOT bring it with their next hardware release. This phone is basically 16 months old already. In phone years, that is a lifetime!
  13. #13  
    Building a user base is clearly the most important thing here right now....build the base...build awareness and get critical mass basically. Get more apps etc..its a circle of life so to speak so even if they gave the phones away its a smart play to a point.
  14. #14  
    true that....

    has anyone had a crowd build up at a party when your running your pre thru the paces....happens to me....bunch of android caveman gather around
  15. #15  
    Exactly, build that user base.

    Top priority I'd say.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Giving them away can skew the "true" demand for the phone, but it may end up increasing sales down the road.

    Palm needs some good word-of-mouth advertising. Hopefully the people that are getting them for free will be impressed enough to recommend it to their friends.
    This. More phones in people's hands means more demand for apps, which means more developers, which means more industry support.

    I think this is still gonna be a hard year for Palm, but more phones in the wild is a good thing.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!

Posting Permissions