1.    #1  
    so I was just sitting here and thinking to myself, what if the new Palm phone support another app format other than ipk?

I know that means Palm will lose their app catalog, but that would be an outrage, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    so I was just sitting here and thinking to myself, what if the new Palm phone support another app format other than ipk?

I know that means Palm will lose their app catalog, but that would be an outrage, right?
    Please... stop whatever it is you're doing for just a few seconds and think about what you asked. Do you think Palm would REALLY be stupid enough to break compatibility in any future iterations of WebOS? No. If they did such a thing they deserve to tank.
    +1 to that ^...Also, all Linux MobileOS's even the iphone, uses a form of compression like ipkg, or ipa's or whatever for the 'installation' of software, so their would little to no use for Palm to change it just for the sake of chainging it!And to change it they would have to change webOS as an OS, to decompress a different form of package...makes 0 zero sense to do this!!!Logically and technically....so no worries their OP