Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Please, someone tell me they've found a miracle cure for the keyboard issue. After getting 4 different Pre's from Verizon's warranty department, I decided to call Palm directly. I thought my chances of getting a good device back from Palm would be pretty high, but as soon as I turned it on, I noticed that this one had the same keyboard issues. Sometimes I'll get double letters, and sometimes I'll get nothing.

I am so frustrated. I originally paid full price for this phone, so I'd really like it to work properly. I can't, in good conscience, sell it on eBay or Craigslist because I know it's a faulty device. I can't really justify spending more money on a phone because I spent so much on this one.

I feel like Palm beat me. I have no will to fight this anymore. I've spent so much time trying to get a good device. I'm just going to limit my messaging on this device and try to enjoy the things it does well. I certainly won't be getting any other products from Palm in the future—not that there will be any around to purchase.
    If you read the PC articles you will see that the 1.4.1.1 update should be pushed to all verizon handsets over the next few days and is supposed to have a fix for the keyboard issue. So stick with it for a few days and see if it does get fixed before you give up.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Sure hope you're right.
    If this really does fix the keyboard troubles, Thank You Palm as I can recommend the Palm Pre Plus again. Im such a phone freak and I hate not talking people into buying a Pre because of the keyboard.
    Yeah, it's not a hardware issue. I've been saying it for a while now. It's a software issue. It's a troublesome one, but it will be fixed. Palm is not trying to beat you down, trust me, they're doing everything they can to get at the problem with very few resources. The fix is coming.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I—admittedly—don't know a lot about software and programming, but I would think, if it were a software issue, the problems I had had on all my previous Pres would've occurred with the same key. That wasn't the case. On one device it was the "n" and "g"; on another device it was the "a" and "u"; etc.