Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, but I've been visiting the site for a few months.

I wanted to know how many AT&T customers on the forums are getting the Pre/Pixi. I've considering it lately but still don't know if I should.

Right now, I'm using my sister's BlackBerry Bold 9700. I haven't upgraded phones yet and don't want to until a few more devices are released. Considering the other phones coming to AT&T in the next few months (Android devices, iPhone 4th gen, Palm devices, Windows Phone 7?), how come you are purchasing the Pre?

I really love webOS and the overall interface of the device. I think they work great.

I also have an iPod touch, so I'm familar with the iPhone OS and App Store. Quite frankly, I might just get an iPhone for that fact, but I really want to try something new. The BlackBerry is OK but I don't like the OS.

Anyway, would love to have some opinions. Thanks everyone!
    I'm planning on it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Pixi Plus Please!
    I'm upgrading from a dumb-phone / Palm TX combination as soon as it's for sale on AT&T.

I've used Palm products since I got a Palm IIIx back in 1999.

I know it's not the same people at the company anymore, but I can't wait to try out webOS.
    In a word, yes.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    I really wanna come across a person who decides to sell it on craigslist, I doubt I will find a person, esp in the first 2 months. I don't think I can wait 2 months. I am going to see if they will increase the price for me to get 1 year contract.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
    Heck yeah, getting pre plus

why second thoughts? I was waiting from the day it came out on Sprint, I was in contract with AT&T.

I'm looking forward to it.

talking about androidit is out thr(get nexus one) I saw it it is nice but no comparison with WebOS multitasking, iphone 4g- u already have ipod touch then why waste more money in similar device and windows phone 7 will be coming in holiday season, if u got bored with this one then get one.

I was confuse too, but I'm using N82 from long time that I used any phone in my life time and picture is pretty clear to me with WebOS, one of a kind OS

Rest up to your preferences.

Good luck
    Yes, I am getting the Palm Pre+. Had an iPhone, can't stand it. Need a physical keyboard. Windows Mobile 7 is just zune OS in disguised, blackberries suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    I really wanna come across a person who decides to sell it on craigslist, I doubt I will find a person, esp in the first 2 months. I don't think I can wait 2 months. I am going to see if they will increase the price for me to get 1 year contract.
    I've seen many brand new phones from AT&T end up on Craig's within a week or 2 of release. Makes me wonder sometimes how they got the stock, if you know what I mean, Which is why I feel better buying from someone who used it a little and decided it wasn't for them.

Oh yes, and for the OP, I'm seriously considering it now that it's likely a reality and not just a posting of "coming to AT&T some time this year", which is what was posted earlier this year. AT&T has bailed on phones before.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Pre+ as soon as i can!!
    Done with the iPwn
    I'm not an AT&T customer, but I'm getting one. A GSM Pre that is, one way or the other.
    I've been seriously considering.
    I just can't quite justify it when my Treo Pro has been just perfect.
    Just call me Berd.
    Justification isn't needed.

Unless you have financial obligations. But if you want the phone, at least try it out. Doesn't AT&T still offer 30 days? Or get a 2nd hand one.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Justification isn't needed.

Unless you have financial obligations. But if you want the phone, at least try it out. Doesn't AT&T still offer 30 days? Or get a 2nd hand one.
    Believe me, I'm not good at resisting temptation.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Been waiting since last June when Sprint came out with the Pre. Was using the Fuze. It died two weeks ago. Now stuck on iMate(!!) Ultimate 8502. Pre Plus ATT version can't be release soon enough!
    Switching from the iPhone.

I feel like a kid waiting on the hot new Batman toy. Sunday (hopefully!) can't come quick enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I've seen many brand new phones from AT&T end up on Craig's within a week or 2 of release. Makes me wonder sometimes how they got the stock, if you know what I mean, Which is why I feel better buying from someone who used it a little and decided it wasn't for them.
    lol You mean like they stole it from somewhere? Could those be tracked down? I really just want to buy it from somebody who used it. How does a bad ESN work?
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

LOVE IT
  18.    #18  
    thanks for all the replies...I think I might end up getting a Pre. I really like what it offers!
    lol You mean like they stole it from somewhere? Could those be tracked down? I really just want to buy it from somebody who used it. How does a bad ESN work?
    A bad esn will block the phone from being activitated, but that only applies for CDMA phones, GSM phones have no esn, instead they have an IMEI, but usually GSM companies such as at&t don't really do anything about blocking it, though they could and if its reported stolen they could also track it, though I have yet to see anyone post that they've had this problem.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    GSM in the US doesn't track IMEI numbers seriously(except iPhone I think) so yes I think some of those phones are out of AT&T stockrooms. Although some could be people selling their unused test units too. But there's some guy here with so many brand new in box phones, I do wonder about that one and those like him. How do you get so many BNIB phones? Maybe he's a wholesaler or something, but I just wonder. He was busting to get rid of 3 phones recently.

But for the GSM buyer in the US, there's almost no risk. Even if the phone is stolen. There are some tracking programs an owner can install, but those would be on used ones.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast