Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm getting Pre+ when ATT sells the damn thing.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    I'm getting Pre+ when ATT sells the damn thing.
    I'm with playboy...current AT&T customer who's been using iPhone 3G since it launched in July 2008....have been dying to get Pre ever since it was announced/launched last year.

AT&T cannot launch this device soon enough. I've spent hours the past few days refreshing websites, calling stores, etc. trying to find out when I'll be able to finally get my Pre+.

Hoping and praying it's this weekend, but trying to not hold my breath, but have to admit, I'm super excited at the thought it could be.
    I'm actually really surprised that there are this many iPhone users wanting to switch.

It's good to see. It is the best OS out there and the iPhone doesn't come anywhere close.

All we can do is rely on word of mouth right now (rightfully so, it is the most forceful way of advertising).. so AT&T iPhone switchers, spread the word! lol

That being said, keep in mind.. the iPhone has had 4 years to mature over webOS. If you stick with it, it'll only make a) the device better and b) palm survive
    I'm not on AT&T (being outside the USA) but have been waiting to get an 850mhz HSDPA version since the original pre was announced. I hope the current unlock solutions work on the AT&T Pre plus when released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spakler View Post
    I'm not on AT&T (being outside the USA) but have been waiting to get an 850mhz HSDPA version since the original pre was announced. I hope the current unlock solutions work on the AT&T Pre plus when released.
    The current unlock solutions work on a Telcel Palm pre and Telcel uses the same 3G frequencies as AT&T.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I think there may be alot of people switching to the pre from the iPhone. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a great phone, just not a great smartphone. But until the pre comes out, it does three things way better than any smartphone on AT&T: web, media playback, apps. I think most AT&T smartphone users switched to the iPhone because of how well it performs at one of these task. So now we have the pre plus, which also does those three tasks very well but on top of that gives you all the features of a traditional smartphone with the same elegance we've seen with the iPhone. I think it will do very well, especially because alot of us smartphone users got the iPhone when the 3g came out almost two years ago and are ready for an upgrade and have been using iPhone os for so long it doesn't wow us anymore.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    The current unlock solutions work on a Telcel Palm pre and Telcel uses the same 3G frequencies as AT&T.
    He's referring to the Plus. But my money is on that it'll work since the modem board is the same.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    The day that AT&T Releases the locked Pre Plus, my unlocked Telcel Pre (North American 3G 850/1900) goes on the market. Anyone wanting to secure it at a good price in advance, PM me.

BTW, its three weeks old and in perfect shape.

Also have a Sprint Pre and an unlocked Movistar EU Pre for sale right now

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    He's referring to the Plus. But my money is on that it'll work since the modem board is the same.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I'm wondering how many iPhone users will switch to the Pre.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I wouldn't be so anxious if i didn't drop my treo pro and broke the touch screen. I wish this phone would hurry up and come out though. at least give us a release date
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I'm wondering how many iPhone users will switch to the Pre.
    I cant jump fast enough!!
    I'm getting the Pixi Plus on AT&T as soon as it is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    I'm actually really surprised that there are this many iPhone users wanting to switch.m
    I'm an iPhone 3GS 32GB user and yes I want to switch to he Pixi+, I was a Palm user b/f for many years since the days of Palm OS.
    Could we add the 'whys' to this thread?

I especially like to know why ones are leaving the iphone.

I'm at the crossroads. I have a Treo Pro, and trying to decide between iphone and Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Could we add the 'whys' to this thread?

I especially like to know why ones are leaving the iphone.

I'm at the crossroads. I have a Treo Pro, and trying to decide between iphone and Pre.
    I'm ditching my Nexus 1 for the Pre+ b/c of bad reception mostly. Plus I like webOS, after using my buddy's for about an hour I was hooked. Very intuitive, without all the randomness and quirks of android. I realize it is a hardware step backward, but it does all the things I need, and does them better.
    Heck yeah been waiting since January 2009! It cannot come soon enough!
    Even though my first post was earlier today, I've been reading these forums since shortly after the Pre came out. My first Palm device was the original Pilot 1000 and I eventually got pretty good at Graffiti. Upgraded several times along the way including 3 different Treos. My current AT&T Centro is on its last legs but I've been nursing it along - waiting for the Pre to come out on AT&T.

Hurry up Palm, my Centro won't hold together much longer.
    My Treo 750 just ran out of memory yesterday and I can no longer receive or send texts msgs. I need the Pre+ now. ATT what is your problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    My Treo 750 just ran out of memory yesterday and I can no longer receive or send texts msgs. I need the Pre+ now. ATT what is your problem?
    WinMo - manually close some apps and restart

Seriously I'm kidding. I'm sure you've already restarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    WinMo - manually close some apps and restart

Seriously I'm kidding. I'm sure you've already restarted.
    I have. The memory has been fading for the last year but I haven't added anything. Stupid winmob. Oh well, I'm going webOS so no biggie, but I do send and receive a good amount of sms'.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast