1.    #1  
    I've checked the other threads but really didn't find an answer..

I started having an issue on my Pre where it will alert me to a voicemail, yet there are none in my box. I've reset the vm counter on the pre, but after a reset, or coming out of airplane mode the voice mail alert goes off, but there is nothing there.

I've even tried leaving myself a message, then going in and clearing it all out, but this ghost vm alert keeps popping up.

Anyone know how to get rid of it once and for all, or do I need to call Sprint everyday until it is fixed
    call your voicemail and try to reset settings from there. Really not sure but it's worth a try
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    call your voicemail and try to reset settings from there. Really not sure but it's worth a try
    Thanks for the tip but I did that a few times with no luck
    OP-
    Are you sure it's a vmail and not some other kind of notification?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    OP-
    Are you sure it's a vmail and not some other kind of notification?
    Yes, more than positive. The icon in the dock is the 'reel to reel' icon, and when I go into my phone app it has a number one the reel to reel icon. Plus if I tap the icon in the dock it says 'voice mail message' and when I tap it, the phone dials up my voicemail box.
    could it possibly be linked to a different number? Sounds like that's what it is. Is it a referb? Shouldn't be possible but hey, anything can happen!
  7.    #7  
    Here is the proof it is the VM icon. It appears if I reboot my phone, or if I come out of Airplane Mode..
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    could it possibly be linked to a different number? Sounds like that's what it is. Is it a referb? Shouldn't be possible but hey, anything can happen!
    Thanks for the response. It is my phone.. it was brand new in box. This issue started Monday (yesterday). I've had the same Pre since June
    Have you called Sprint and asked them about it?
  10. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I've checked the other threads but really didn't find an answer..

I started having an issue on my Pre where it will alert me to a voicemail, yet there are none in my box. I've reset the vm counter on the pre, but after a reset, or coming out of airplane mode the voice mail alert goes off, but there is nothing there.

I've even tried leaving myself a message, then going in and clearing it all out, but this ghost vm alert keeps popping up.

Anyone know how to get rid of it once and for all, or do I need to call Sprint everyday until it is fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Have you called Sprint and asked them about it?
    I had this problem a couple of years ago (on my Palm Centro). Sprint reset my voicemail and it solved the problem. Something had somehow gotten corrupted in my voicemail box.