Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I like the new AT&T ad a lot but I really feel that all the ads may be missing a huge feature. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I am hearing people say that WebOS multitasking really isn't gonna be any faster than the new iPhone way of doing is in OS4.0 I disagree because i have turned on the advanced gestures for webos in the Screen&Lock app. This allows me to switch between apps with out having to put them in a card. People need to see this
    Agreed, cards are a great feature, advanced gestures is an even better feature, it needs to get some airtime.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    yea i get it that the cards is really cool and handy in some situations but the advanced gestures actually is even more functional because it saves a step and actually acts a lot like having multiple screens with widgets like an android device
    agreed, i just turned it on last night as well and i like the transitions. Makes the phone seem quick
    Agreed, Advance gestures are the fastest way to switch applications on any platform
    Advanced gestures are great, but I don't know if there's an easy way to express it in a commercial without being confusing: do you have cards for apps, or just switch directly?
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Although I cheated because i really just used pictures, I tried to show how you can just swipe between applications in my PalmSpot commercial (see my signature for link to commercial). The problem is that there are only so many seconds in a commercial and is advanced gestures really one of the few things you want to show instead of the other benefits of webOS? just playing devils advocate here!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I agree all the way. It would be so iPhone/Blackberry like if we had to put them in card view every time we needed to switch between applications, I love the advanced gestures.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    I haven't received my pre yet so can't try this - can you give a quick explanation of how these gestures work? A faster way of doing things is always good!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    When Advanced Gestures is enabled, a full swipe across the gesture bar switches to the next open card.
    So a swipe from Left to Right will "push" the current card to the right..moving the card from left into focus.
    The problem with advanced gestures is that it's hard for someone to know what's happening. I always turn advanced gestures off when I let my iPhone friends play with my Pre+. Even though it isn't quite as quick, the card view metaphor is easier to grasp, learn, and show.

Then I turn it on for my use.
    Quote Originally Posted by shokpin View Post
    When Advanced Gestures is enabled, a full swipe across the gesture bar switches to the next open card.
    So a swipe from Left to Right will "push" the current card to the right..moving the card from left into focus.
    I'm sorry but I was not aware of this feature and I used a Pre Plus+ on big V for 30 days. When I get my ATT Pre Plus+ I will have to use this feature.
    Are you trying to hurt me?