Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    hi
    I've had my palm pre plus for about 1 week now and I like it a lot.

today, I cleared out old gmail contacts from gmail on my computer.
    I assumed the gmail and palm pre would sync and they would just disappear but they are still there.

I would like to have these same contacts eliminated from my contacts on my palm.

Is there an easy way to do this?

thanks, in advance
    do that in reverse order. Delete rrom pre and google will update.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I already deleted from gmail as all I needed to do was to click the box unlike the steps I seem to need to make to delete on the pre.

Or is there an easier way to delete email? I have a lot of emails I want to delete (former students I won't have in class next semester).
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Contacts are supposed to sync both ways, regardless of where you added or deleted a contact. Give it a little time to ensure that the update has been made between them. Also, make sure those contacts you deleted on Google were not duplicated under your Palm profile or Facebook or some other contact "source." If they were, then you are going to still see them on the Pre. You can also go into preferences and hit the "Sync Now" button to force a sync. And lastly, you might need to restart the Pre if the sync is acting oddly. That seems to clear up snags. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by pistos; 04/27/2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doceo View Post
    Or is there an easier way to delete email? I have a lot of emails I want to delete (former students I won't have in class next semester).
    Thanks
    Your first question had to do with contacts. Now you are making reference to emails. That is confusing. They are not the same. ???

Regarding deleting emails, one "easy" way to delete a single email is to just "swipe it" off your list (swipe it from let to right, or right to left, while in the inbox list view).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sorry for the confusion. I've had a very long, sleepless night.

All my contacts have emails. I apologize. I had no idea i wrote emails in my second response.

I am trying to delete unneeded contacts (I don't have phone numbers for them) but I will no longer be emailing them. They are in my contact list because I had them in my gmail for emailing to/ from them while they were in my course. I no longer need the contacts.

I haven't been too successful with the swipe method. I swipe it away but it doesn't seem to delete.

Thanks for the resonses and, again, I apologize for the confusion and my error.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    No problem.

To clarify, the swipe method works for deleting emails. It does not work for deleting entries from your Contacts list.

If your Pre contacts have not updated with the deletes you made via Gmail, I suggest you restart your Pre. That should take care of the sync problem.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Perhaps I am missing something in my phone as i shut my phone down and restarted it--the contacts i deleted on gmail (computer) are still listed in my phone.

sigh. This is frustrating! Am I missing a sync download or something? Do I need to download something from google as I did from Blackberry? If so, which one?
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Hmm... that is odd. You don't need any "extra" software. The Pre comes ready to go for syncing with Google, and usually works beautifully. So, you may have something set up strangely or something. Hang in there. We will get it figured and working right.

OK, just to verify, You have Google as one of your accounts in Pre Contacts? And, further, do you have Google set as your default account in Pre Contacts?

One thing you could try is delete your Google account from Pre Contacts. Then verify that all of the Google entries are gone from the Pre. Then create the Google account on Pre Contacts again and let the pre sync it. You should end up with an exact match of what you have on Google.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thanks. I wish I had thought of deleting google acount from pre contacts. I actually just spent the last hour deleting every student email from the blasted phone. First time I didn't like that phone.

Now if I could just get that swipe thing mastered....

thanks very much for all your assistance. I do appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Remember, I said that swipe to delete does not work for Contacts. It works in the email app.

I'm sorry to hear that you spent all of that time deleting contacts via the Pre, rather than via the computer. I do the same thing you "tried" to do all of the time. I do deletes all of the time on the computer, via Gmail, and it updates without problem on the Pre. So, I know it works.

But, I am wondering if you have your Pre Contacts assigned to your Palm account by accident. It is a fairly common goof for new users when they first bring contacts over from another source. So, make sure your contacts are assigned to the Google account on the Pre under the Pre Contacts Preferences. Also, set the Google account as your default so that all future contacts will automatically be assigned to the Google account, rather than the Palm account. This is very important, so that your stuff stays sync-ed properly with Google.
    I have read this and am interested to find out how to set the default account as it seems to have disappeared. It was gmail (had the phone for a week). Also the contacts used to have a little g from gmail but they have disappeared too. Is the best chance of getting my default account back (it won't let me put anything in) deleting my gmail account from contacts and then re-creating it? Will it let me set a default account then?