Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I have fallen in love with the palm pre.
    The One concern i have is with the memory
    How many apps can the 8GB have as i love the look of some of the 3D games
    but if there is not enough memory to store that many of them what is the point?

Obviously i like the look of some of the other apps which i would also like to install with the 3D games but...Depends on the Memory

Please Help
    even with the 3d games its enough. I would say otherwise if it wasnt for pandora, and grooveshark. Not having to bring music with you everywhere sure is a big help.

You could have ~1000 3D games with that 8GB, not much else. But yes you get the picture. Its when people try to store there music or movie collection that the 8GB becomes an issue
    I personally would like more - would like to be able to load music at will without worrying about the available space.

Not that I'm having any issues -yet-.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    even with the 3d games its enough. I would say otherwise if it wasnt for pandora, and grooveshark. Not having to bring music with you everywhere sure is a big help.

You could have ~1000 3D games with that 8GB, not much else. But yes you get the picture. Its when people try to store there music or movie collection that the 8GB becomes an issue
    Are you Joking 1000 OMG THAT IS LOADS
    i though i would beable to fit like 10 maximum that's crazy
    I have 200 songs, quite a few pics, some custom ringtones, 35 applications, 47 patches and 8 misc. services and plugins and still have 6.0 GB free.

One of the apps is a 3-D game and several others are pretty large too.

Unless you are ripping DVD's and putting them on your pre, I don't think you will have any major issues with 8 GB.
    You can stream your mp3s with apps like Ampache mobile...Store a few local for non coverage areas (planes anyone?) and just stream 100GB collection. Save the space for your own videos and apps... More is always better in storage assuming the form factor is the same but at the end of the day you wont have any issues with 8GB esp for apps and the like...
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I have 200 songs, quite a few pics, some custom ringtones, 35 applications, 47 patches and 8 misc. services and plugins and still have 6.0 GB free.

One of the apps is a 3-D game and several others are pretty large too.

Unless you are ripping DVD's and putting them on your pre, I don't think you will have any major issues with 8 GB.
    OK thanks awesome
    I definitely want to get the Pre now cause i was just having concerns with the amount of apps it could handle with the 8GB. I gonna go crazy with games.
    Me and my friend always fight other which phone is better cause he has got the iphone.
    I HATE IPHONE!!! I LOVE PRE!!

THANKS EVERYONE
    I have 5 gigs of music on my phone and a gig of pictures. If it wasn't for itunes I wouldn't even have space for that (itunes shrinks the photos and compresses them so they take up less space. I hear grooveshark lets you store your music, but I like music player remix better so idk. I also like having a digital photo gallery to show people when they want to see pictures, however there really isn't a good way to do this aside from itunes and now that it doesn't sync I can't really add anymore pictures without shrinking them or them taking up 5 times as much space. (if that double twist or whatever player shrinks and compresses photos when it loads them, please let me know.)

in otherwords depending on your preferences of use 8 gigs could be enough or not. I personally think in the future it won't matter when 4g is big, and if palm takes advantage of that and lets the palm profile synce movies photos and videos for you to stream on device. But right now more gigs would be nice for me. Mostly because I like my music on board (and pictures if dounle twist doesn't shrink and compress.)
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    the main thing i will use my memory for is games and useful apps
    Mainly 3D games.
    I will use another program for music and don't care about videos.
    It really depends on the size of the 3D game, some are under 100 megs, others are not. And sorry I put 1 to many zeros on there :P But yea. There are not even that many 3D games right now. But what is nice is you can remove them and reinstall them at any point in time.
    i wonder about my bit and byte hoarding myself....i save everything....its been 4 months and im 5 plus gigs full....but i can always offload to my laptop....hmmm....even my HP is filling up fast....maybe they should put me on that new cable show
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    How much do the majority of the apps cost in GBP ()
    And also what is the maximum memory for a 3D game to take up?
    Last edited by evankwh; 04/27/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    I guess it depends on personal usage of the phone. My old phone, a blackberry storm, had 1 gig internal storage with a 8 gig sd card and I was ok with it. Although, I'm enjoying how I have 16 gig now with the Pre Plus.
    My largest is sandstorm at about 300mb, avatar is about 200, and need for speed and hero of sparta are about 100.

8gb is enough for me, but I don't watch video on it.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfroelich View Post
    My largest is sandstorm at about 300mb, avatar is about 200, and need for speed and hero of sparta are about 100.

8gb is enough for me, but I don't watch video on it.
    So about maximum 3D games on palm pre is 23 if you do 7000/300
    How much did some of those games cost
    honestly, while 8GB of memory might be enough, the big thing with the pre plus is the fact that it has double the RAM. That is the real difference maker.

I personally dont' think 8GB is enough, but that's because I've been using Media players of at least 32GB since 2005. the Pre is the smallest one I have used in about 7 years.

But yea, get the Pre plus, simply because of RAM.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    the prices of the 3D games range from $0.99 if they are on temporary dale to $6.99 with other games usually at $2.99 or $4.99.

the space is more than enough for the majority of users as others have said in the thread.

i have 10 3D games, about 15 other games, over 125 songs, many other apps, and patches through and through

it is still going strong and i have plenty of space left
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    honestly, while 8GB of memory might be enough, the big thing with the pre plus is the fact that it has double the RAM. That is the real difference maker.

I personally dont' think 8GB is enough, but that's because I've been using Media players of at least 32GB since 2005. the Pre is the smallest one I have used in about 7 years.

But yea, get the Pre plus, simply because of RAM.
    Unfortunately Palm Pre Plus hasn't been released in England yet...otherwise i probably would
    How much do 3D games cost?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    the prices of the 3D games range from $0.99 if they are on temporary dale to $6.99 with other games usually at $2.99 or $4.99.

the space is more than enough for the majority of users as others have said in the thread.

i have 10 3D games, about 15 other games, over 125 songs, many other apps, and patches through and through

it is still going strong and i have plenty of space left
    thanks
    Android just puts a small executable in that 512MB. The rest goes onto your SD card. In all of the time I have had the HTC Hero, I ran out of application space once.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast