Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

The palmSpot app has received a great response from many in the webOS community... it's an app that allows you to view the homemade Palm Pre commercials that folks in the webOS community put together. We are counting YouTube views from the app, so make sure and show your fellow users your support.

Here's the download link: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Further updates are coming, such as a leaderboard and voting for finalists. The first round of voting ends in exactly one week (May 3rd).

Thanks again for your support. The webOS community kicks <staff edit>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/08/2011 at 02:28 AM. Reason: language filter
    Palm III --> Palm Zire 71 --> Palm Zire 72 --> Palm Treo 650 --> iPhone --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre --> Palm Pre 2 --> HP Pre 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411 View Post
    Hey guys,

The palmSpot app has received a great response from many in the webOS community... it's an app that allows you to view the homemade Palm Pre commercials that folks in the webOS community put together. We are counting YouTube views from the app, so make sure and show your fellow users your support.

Here's the download link: Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Further updates are coming, such as a leaderboard and voting for finalists. The first round of voting ends in exactly one week (May 3rd).

Thanks again for your support. The webOS community kicks <staff edit>
    Can't wait to see the current leaderboard... the excitement is killing me! :-)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/08/2011 at 02:28 AM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    With the first week of votes in, my PalmSpot commercial is lagging behind a little, but with only a few hundred votes separating the commercials, everyone is still in the game!

Here is the link to the commercial, and I have gotten a lot of great feedback on this commercial and would really appreciate the Precentral community supporting me.

Thank you very much!
    Adam

PS If you like this commercial, please share the link with others. A Sample Twitter status you can share is:
    Support @Audemars02 's #PalmSpot Commecial "WebOS Does & Does & Does Some More". Watch it at tinyurl.com/webosdoes

NOTE: To view this from your webOS device, you can either:
    1. Download the PalmSpot app here: ( http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...icationid=2511 ) and search for my video there,
    2. You can go to
    However, please note that while the content is the same, the sound quality is better on the webosRoundup site!

UPDATE: week 2 Stats are out and it looks like I was #2 for the week, and when I add up both weeks together, I am currently #7 overall and #4 in the "Best use of webOS" category.
    Last edited by Audemars02; 05/04/2010 at 01:48 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    wanna put it on youtube so people can see it from their phone?
    I don't know why Palm didn't bother making any commercials like this...really showing what the phone can do. Some chick walking down the street while stuff floats in front of her face doesn't show what the Pre can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    wanna put it on youtube so people can see it from their phone?
    To view from your phone, you can download the PalmSpot app here: ( Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. )

or you can go to

However, please note that while the content is the same, the sound quality is better on the webosRoundup site!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    NICE!!! They should use this instead of the stupid b*tch they have just talking about what it can do! (no affence if you are one here "ms. Palm Pre )
    Nice Vid, better than everything Palm and sprint has put out....
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Nice Vid, better than everything Palm and sprint has put out....
    Thanks... please spread the word to all your friends and family to watch my vid!!!

Like any of my work:
    Nice commercial, but take that ugly skin off the phone. It makes the pre look like it's shedding.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Nice commercial, but take that ugly skin off the phone. It makes the pre look like it's shedding.
    HA!!!! That may be true, but it keeps my screen scratch and fingerprint free!!! and I don't mind it at all anymore

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    I didn't even notice it at first, but yeah, I have the same one! OP, the corners are a pain to get right, no? The best buy people put it on and I still have two corners on there that I guess I didn't press well enough on the way home. Oh well, what can you do?

Is there a way to vote? Or is it just based on how many watch it? Anyway, I thought it was cool how you flipped through the things and got some real usage out of the phone. It's kind of long and I wouldn't have specifically called out the iPhone (instead just making subtle references to it), but I like the concept and it's more of an ad I prefer than what Verizon and especially Sprint have done.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I didn't even notice it at first, but yeah, I have the same one! OP, the corners are a pain to get right, no? The best buy people put it on and I still have two corners on there that I guess I didn't press well enough on the way home. Oh well, what can you do?

Is there a way to vote? Or is it just based on how many watch it? Anyway, I thought it was cool how you flipped through the things and got some real usage out of the phone. It's kind of long and I wouldn't have specifically called out the iPhone (instead just making subtle references to it), but I like the concept and it's more of an ad I prefer than what Verizon and especially Sprint have done.
    The corners weren't too bad for me... It took a few times, but I got it working good enough for me! I also like the zagg offers free lifetime replacement shields just for the price of S&H for any time i needed to replace my phone

As for the references to iphone and others, one of the big comments i already heard from people are "well, my iPhone does XXX", so I wanted to point out exactly what webOS can do that the iPhone can also do or that it can't do!

Either way, thanks for the feedback! and please tell all your friends to watch this video since the first round of voting is just a count of views. I think the next round takes the top videos in each category and has people actually "vote" for their favs

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    HA!!!! That may be true, but it keeps my screen scratch and fingerprint free!!! and I don't mind it at all anymore
    I'm not ragging on your use of the skin. I got Phantomskinz for both my pre and my wife's. Hers is starting to get the same peel action as your is.
    I'm saying, if you're going to do a commercial, get rid of the skin so the phone doesn't look so ugly. No one's going to fall in love with a phone that looks like it's a week removed from a bad sunburn.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Awesome Palm Spot ad!

The only negatives that I can see are that you have an older version of the Facebook app, and foursquare app. (Both have gotten soo much better in the last few versions) Neither of which are your fault!

All joking aside, its a great representation of the awesomeness and power of the Pre!

These palmspot ads rock!
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Awesome Palm Spot ad!

The only negatives that I can see are that you have an older version of the Facebook app, and foursquare app. (Both have gotten soo much better in the last few versions) Neither of which are your fault!

All joking aside, its a great representation of the awesomeness and power of the Pre!

These palmspot ads rock!
    Not only that, but you can see that I still referenced webOS v1.4 as the current version, with "all webOS getting the same version"... so, things are a little bit outdated, but I did make this over a month ago!

Either way, thanks for the feedback! Please tell all your friends to watch my commercial (I am starting to sound like a broken record here, but I want to WIN this thing!)

Like any of my work:
    Adam, r u on twitter?
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    Adam, r u on twitter?
    Yup. I am @Audemars02 ..

If you look in the first post, I actually give a sample tweet you can use to spread the word: Support @Audemars02 's #PalmSpot Commecial "WebOS Does & Does & Does Some More". Watch it at http://tinyurl.com/webosdoes

Like any of my work:
    Great job. I would also show off an actual phone app in action as well. A+
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    Great job. I would also show off an actual phone app in action as well. A+
    HA! To be honest, I never once thought about showing the Phone App, despite the fact that I call this my "phone" throughout the commercial! oops!

Like any of my work:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast