Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    great work
    Wow...someone left a comment on the webosRoundup.com site about my commercial, saying "That actually was the best fan advertisement I've ever seen for Palm webOS"... (and of course I had to add that to my signature!)

au, shucks
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    After watching your CM, I can't help but wonder how could Palm screw up the Verizon launch with such an amazing device.

This is the best explanation of webOS features so far. Palm could just take this video, have it redone profesionally, and use it as promotionnal video for the carriers. Heck, with enough pizzas, it could even make a great TV add.

Why don't you apply to a job at Palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by tk 421 View Post
    After watching your CM, I can't help but wonder how could Palm screw up the Verizon launch with such an amazing device.

This is the best explanation of webOS features so far. Palm could just take this video, have it redone profesionally, and use it as promotionnal video for the carriers. Heck, with enough pizzas, it could even make a great TV add.

Why don't you apply to a job at Palm?
    "Heck, with enough pizzas, it could even make a great TV add." ... HA! :-)

And I would love at job with Palm (assuming my current employer is ok with that)... after all, all my friends on facebook already think I get a kick-back with all the free press I give them!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I posted a link to this video on my facebook. Hopefully get some peoples attention.

Good work.....

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by burke031 View Post
    I posted a link to this video on my facebook. Hopefully get some peoples attention.

Good work.....

Joe
    Thanks a lot!

Like any of my work:
    Hi, You sold me!

I am still stuck with my 2 yr contract with my trusty old Centro, until Oct. Then it is Pre all the way!

Your commercial should be what Palm is showing. In fact, I think they should put out an ad campaign using the best 5 or so homemade commercials. Yours should be #1!

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, You sold me!

I am still stuck with my 2 yr contract with my trusty old Centro, until Oct. Then it is Pre all the way!

Your commercial should be what Palm is showing. In fact, I think they should put out an ad campaign using the best 5 or so homemade commercials. Yours should be #1!

Take care, Jay
    Too bad you can't upgrade immediately, but maybe they will have updated hardware when you are ready to upgrade and it will be a win-win!

And thanks for all the kind words. Not to sound like a broken record, but if you did like the commercial, can you please tell all your friends to watch it so i can get lots of views! I included sample twitter or Facebook text in the first post!

thanks!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Too bad you can't upgrade immediately, but maybe they will have updated hardware when you are ready to upgrade and it will be a win-win!

And thanks for all the kind words. Not to sound like a broken record, but if you did like the commercial, can you please tell all your friends to watch it so i can get lots of views! I included sample twitter or Facebook text in the first post!

thanks!
    Adam
    Hi, I's sure it will be a win-win situation for me. As for your commercial, I have emailed to everyone on my daily joke and email list, which is about 100 people! Take care, jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovedessert View Post
    Hi, I's sure it will be a win-win situation for me. As for your commercial, I have emailed to everyone on my daily joke and email list, which is about 100 people! Take care, jay
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Pretty good commercial. One thing I like about it is the length of it. Most commercials I see for the pre are pretty short and don't show the full extent of what you can do with the device; they usually just do a few snapshots.

One thing I think a lot of people are missing about the pre is the fact that its SO easy to use. It'd be my dream to see Palm do cross promotion with Geico using their cavemen to promote the pre. Or maybe have Ozzy Osbourne using a pre successfully. I remember when I first got mine, I mastered it all in the first 20 min of playing with the thing. I was stoked to see that the actions I did (just buy guessing), made the things I wanted to happen, happen.

I've laid hands on the droid, hero, and a couple other HTC phones (windows mobile), and none of them in my 5-10 min of playing with them were as easy to use as the pre.

Sorry If I've kinda derailed here. Best of luck to your commercial, bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Doeboy View Post
    Pretty good commercial. One thing I like about it is the length of it. Most commercials I see for the pre are pretty short and don't show the full extent of what you can do with the device; they usually just do a few snapshots.

One thing I think a lot of people are missing about the pre is the fact that its SO easy to use. It'd be my dream to see Palm do cross promotion with Geico using their cavemen to promote the pre. Or maybe have Ozzy Osbourne using a pre successfully. I remember when I first got mine, I mastered it all in the first 20 min of playing with the thing. I was stoked to see that the actions I did (just buy guessing), made the things I wanted to happen, happen.

I've laid hands on the droid, hero, and a couple other HTC phones (windows mobile), and none of them in my 5-10 min of playing with them were as easy to use as the pre.

Sorry If I've kinda derailed here. Best of luck to your commercial, bro!
    Thanks...I love the fact that it's SO EASY to use, and I think it came across in my ad, too... I hate how people complain about gestures or how confusing it can be, when in reality, it takes all of 5 minutes to master!!!

oh, and i totally agree with you as for the length of the commercial..I would have made a 5 minute commercial if i could because there were things I wanted to mention but ran out of time!

anyway, if you like my commercial, please pass the links along to your friends. thanks!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Good commercial!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Good commercial!
    Thanks!!!!

Like any of my work:
    Great job showing off what the phone can do!

Your huge selling points were: the notifications, card view, and the accolades.

Your huge downsides were: not giving entertainment to the consumer watching the commercial (a.k.a. music), going way too fast when referring to features and talking about the phone (it's frustrating for the average user because they may not be able to understand you and/or they want to be fed the information at a nice pace, not shoved down their throat), the commercial was too long and required too much attention span for the average person watching T.V.. I know this was over the internet, but I'm looking at it as a potential commercial for the masses through T.V..

There is more, but then I would be criticizing you like a professional or something and that wouldn't be right. If you do want to know more ways that you could have improved it, just let me know and I'll gladly let you know.

All in all, you did a great job really showing off what this phone can do and showing it off. You hit on everything that you needed to and I'm glad you are really putting effort into this. These were just my two cents. Don't think I'm bashing you in anyway because I'm not. If I sounded harsh in any of this, I apologize. It wasn't meant to sound harsh.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign25 View Post
    Great job showing off what the phone can do!

Your huge selling points were: the notifications, card view, and the accolades.

Your huge downsides were: not giving entertainment to the consumer watching the commercial (a.k.a. music), going way too fast when referring to features and talking about the phone (it's frustrating for the average user because they may not be able to understand you and/or they want to be fed the information at a nice pace, not shoved down their throat), the commercial was too long and required too much attention span for the average person watching T.V.. I know this was over the internet, but I'm looking at it as a potential commercial for the masses through T.V..

There is more, but then I would be criticizing you like a professional or something and that wouldn't be right. If you do want to know more ways that you could have improved it, just let me know and I'll gladly let you know.

All in all, you did a great job really showing off what this phone can do and showing it off. You hit on everything that you needed to and I'm glad you are really putting effort into this. These were just my two cents. Don't think I'm bashing you in anyway because I'm not. If I sounded harsh in any of this, I apologize. It wasn't meant to sound harsh.
    No worries...I actually agree with most of your comments. One of my big complaints of all the commercials for the Pre/Pixi were how little it showed off of the phone. So, knowing that I had 120 seconds for the contest, I vowed to used every one of them! And, I wanted to include AS MUCH AS I COULD, so I know it was fast-paced. However, I figured that if you were a webOS user, you would understand it (and vote for me!), and if you weren't at least it showed how much there was to know...and the great thing about the internet is that you can watch it over and over to see what you missed.

I have actually sold 4 friends/coworkers on the Pre based off my commercial, so I am happy with the result. oh, and you are right that it probably could have used some music, too... oh well!

Thanks for the feedback, and please tell all your friends to watch the video!

Like any of my work:
    Week 2 Stats are out and it looks like I was #2 for this week, and when I add up both weeks together, I am current #7 overall and #4 in the "Best use of webOS" category.

So, help me maintain my lead! PLEASE watch my videos
    Webosroundup site = palmSpot Entry: “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More” by Adam Marks | webOSroundup
    Youtube site =

And share these link with your friends via email, twitter, or facebook! Thanks!

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Week 2 Stats are out and it looks like I was #2 for this week, and when I add up both weeks together, I am current #7 overall and #4 in the "Best use of webOS" category.

So, help me maintain my lead! PLEASE watch my videos
    Webosroundup site = [url= Entry: “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More” by Adam Marks | webOSroundup[/url]
    Youtube site = [url= - palmSpot - "webOS Does, and Does, and Does some more" by Ada[/url]

And share these link with your friends via email, twitter, or facebook! Thanks!
    Will do!
    My commercial is a finalist in the "Best use of webOS category". Thanks for everyone's support of my commercial.

As soon as I find out how the final voting will be done, I will be sure to let everyone know!

THANKS AGAIN!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Good job bro! Youre lucky your phone didnt reboot when you closed the slider to go back to the game like my crappy pre.

A friend was checking out my phone because wanted a new phone and it rebooted twice, once when he shut the slider and once for who the hell knows! He laughed and handed it back to me to turn on for the 3rd time. HE WAS IMPRESSED BIG TIME!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast