1.    #1  
    My first Pre+ was replaced because it had the double letter problem, there was a bit of play but nothing too bad. My 1st replacement doesn't have the keyboard problem and the slider is much better then the first one, but there are some small problems that are very annoying.

First the screen has spots where the backlight is brighter and when viewing anything with a dark background it is very noticable and just bothers me.

Then there is the keyboard backlight, it is very bright in the middle and on the right side it's almost as bright but on the left portion it is hardly lighting up at all.

I'm thinking about trying to get another replacement but I'm worried that the replacement will have issues that are worse then the ones I have right now. My 30 days are running out and I would only have time to get 1 more replacement so if that one has problems I would have to stick with it or suck it up and get a refurbished model.

Should I chance it and get the replacement?
    I had the same problem with my keyboard,the right side was bright lit,the left was barely lit. I would strongly suggest replacing the device now!!!
    Agreed. Keep replacing it until you get one that works. You paid for it, so get one that works!
    I had a similar problem with my Pre Plus. I got it a little over two weeks ago, so I went in to my local Verizon wireless store and had the phone DOA, and they replaced it with a new one. My replacement Pre Plus has been good so far, no double typing, sliders not bad, has a very slight play but nothing too bad that I would take it in for replacement.

If it bothers you that much, I would take in and get it replace before your 30 days is over.
    yep, make them give you what you paid for.
    Changing the topic a little...anyone notices the time difference when you post a comment. In new york where i'm at it's 10:49 now, but my post would say 2:49. Wonder Why?
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    If you are within your 30 days, take it back and get one that you are totally happy with. They need to honor the original terms of your contract, not your fault that the replacement you received was not what it is supposed to be.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Did you check your username and what timezone you are set on?

Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Changing the topic a little...anyone notices the time difference when you post a comment. In new york where i'm at it's 10:49 now, but my post would say 2:49. Wonder Why?
    nope... I'll do that right now.
    hey, where on precentral forum you go to check your zone time,my posting are in another time zone,which is four hrs ahead. Do you know where to go to change it?
  11.    #11  
    Looks like I'm going to Verizon after school today. I'm going to have to thoroughly test it before I leave this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    hey, where on precentral forum you go to check your zone time,my posting are in another time zone,which is four hrs ahead. Do you know where to go to change it?
    (sorry off topic)

Click 'UserCP' to go into your account, the under "Setting and Options" select "Edit Options".

The time profile is in there

(on topic)

Let us know how it goes OP with getting a new replacement!!
  13.    #13  
    Well, I dropped it off and they said come back in 2 hours so we will see what happens. I love WebOS but this is really ridiculous and tempting me toward the Droid Incredible...
    Be patient... palm have a big surprize for us. make sure that phone has no problem,before leaving. good luck.

stick with palm,never android.
  15.    #15  
    I got my replacement and from what I can tell so far it seams like the 3rd one is a charm. The keyboard is lighting up evenly, the screen doesn't have any "hotspots", the slider feels the best out all of the Pres I've had so far, and they keyboard also feels much better then my last one.

On a side note it's funny that the day after I get my 3rd Pre + because of double type issues Verizon finally gets the 1.4.1.1 update ready and it's supposed to fix the double type problem.
    that's great man!!

here is a protip: beat it up a bit on the software side. Run apps make it stram music.. Whatever you can to make it run hot. The best way to se if you'll get spots on the screen is to heat it up. By time my perfect replacment started showing its flaws is when I had an email issue where it downloaded over a gig of data on the touchstone. When mine hets warm I have a yellow spot that appears on the bottom right of the screen and a horizontal line on the bottom of the screen that shows up when it gwts warm but by then my 30 days through sprints insurance warrenty was up. Besides that my keyboard and slider are perfect and since june this pre is solid

sorry for errors.. Typing this on my pre
    I'm happy everybody is happy..
  18.    #18  
    I should be even happier tomorrow when the 1.4.1.1 update starts rolling out.