1.    #1  
    Recently my keyboard completely stopped working on my Palm Pre. I received my new replacement Palm Pre (new) and logged into the new phone. All is well with the new phone.

The issue that I am having is that I forgot to move the Pictures from the broken Pre to my desktop to transfer to the new Pre. I went back to the old phone to try and move them to the desktop and I get the screen to log into my profile like it is a new phone. I believe this is because you cannot be logged into 2 phones at the same time with the same e-mail account. Correct? Well anyways my question is…. How can I get the photos off the old phone BECAUSE the keyboard does not work to type the information that is needed to log into your profile? Also, the one time that the keyboard actually did work (turned off and back on – worked for 2 min.) I received a message that told me t I need to be connected to a wireless service provider network to sign in. Is there anything I can do to get the photos off before sending this phone back?
    Have you tried to plug it into the computer and see if it will give you the option for USB mode? I would try that first to see if that works, if not I'm sure someone on this forum knows how to do it.
    to log into USB mode make sure the phone is off... then push the 'up' volume key and press the power button. You'll see the USB logo appear when the phone powers up. Then plug it into your computer and see if that will bring up the USB drive part of the Pre to copy your files over =)
  4.    #4  
    Yes I have and it did not work.... ho hum....
  5.    #5  
    @fastamx79 Let's see if that works... stay tuned...
  6.    #6  
    That didn't work for me either. I get the USB symbol BUT it does not show as a removeable drive. I also get an error stating an error occurred during installation...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    to log into USB mode make sure the phone is off... then push the 'up' volume key and press the power button. You'll see the USB logo appear when the phone powers up. Then plug it into your computer and see if that will bring up the USB drive part of the Pre to copy your files over =)
    That didn't work for me either. I get the USB symbol BUT it does not show as a removeable drive. I also get an error stating an error occurred during installation...
    I'm sorry... I had no idea if it would work or not.

Have you tried powering on the phone and once it boots up to whatever screen, plugging it in to your USB port? I don't know if that will work or not either...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    I'm sorry... I had no idea if it would work or not.

Have you tried powering on the phone and once it boots up to whatever screen, plugging it in to your USB port? I don't know if that will work or not either...
    Yes Unfortunately I have tried that as well... I'm doomed...Ugh!!
    Hopefully someone will see this thread that might know how to pull the stuff you want from your old Pre. I am out of ideas... sorry
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    You can use meta doctor to bypass the profile login page. It dfntly requires some work.
    The fact that it is so hard to get your pictures off without signing into your palm profile is merely for security so I don't want you to see that in too much of a negative light despite the situation you are in. So with the explanation out of the way the only way you are going to get into the phone and get your pictures is to be pass the login page, so your best bet is that if you can get the keyboard to work sporadically for a few minutes you should really investigate the route of getting your old phone reactivated and then get it plugged into the computer and pull the data off of it.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    How about getting WinSCP working? That might work.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    How about getting WinSCP working? That might work.
    HardBeatz - I have already tried that - logging back into my profile on the old phone. The one time that the keyboard actually did work (turned off and back on – worked for 2 min.) I received a message that told me that I needed to be connected to a wireless service provider network to sign in. If I go into a brick and mortar Sprint store will activate the phone so I can do that?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    You can use meta doctor to bypass the profile login page. It dfntly requires some work.
    Can you point me in the right direction to get this?
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTech View Post
    HardBeatz - I have already tried that - logging back into my profile on the old phone. The one time that the keyboard actually did work (turned off and back on – worked for 2 min.) I received a message that told me that I needed to be connected to a wireless service provider network to sign in. If I go into a brick and mortar Sprint store will activate the phone so I can do that?
    Just out of curiosity, have you removed the battery and reinserted it? Sometimes my kb will randomly stop working (not sure why) but I get it to enable itself again with a battery pull.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    You need to first either contact Sprint or go to a Sprint store and have them activate the old phone then try to sign into the profile.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Just out of curiosity, have you removed the battery and reinserted it? Sometimes my kb will randomly stop working (not sure why) but I get it to enable itself again with a battery pull.
    Just tried and it didn't work....
    If the system is on, Orange + SYM + U.
    If the system is off and can be booted at all. Press Power + Volume Up.
    Otherwise hopefully you got the service plan.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Can you point me in the right direction to get this?
    Try this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ta-doctor.html

Contact Rod/WebOS Internals team and see if they can help you out