Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42
  1.    #1  
    Hey everyone!

    Just wanted to share something with ya'll.

    I work at the Cellular Connection. It is the biggest Verizon Retailer in the country and actually almost has more stores than Verizon has corporate stores! Which is crazy!

    Well, The store that I work at just opened up on the 15th of April, and I just wanted to let you ya'll know that within that time, a span of 1.5 weeks, I have sold close to 15 palm pre's and 4-5 pixi's!! We keep having to call other stores in our district cause we keep selling out

    I push it to everyone!

    I get so excited when someone comes in wanting a Droid and I show them my Pre and it blows their minds!! I love putting the best phone ever in their hands

    Not only that, but the palm pre's & pixi's have the lowest product loss of all the phones on verizon! How cool is that?!

    Anyhoo, This is what I have decided: That one of the reasons that palm doesn't sell well is because of the dumb "Activation" screen. Even my co-workers from the region know nothing about the palms. They just know what they read from the verizon information and they have no clue what's so great about the phone. Once I trained my Co-workers (Manager and Assistant Manager) on the palms they started to see how great they were and now they push them like crazy!

    And I think alot of that has to do with the phone that they don't get to play with the phone themselves. Instead of having live demos of the palm's, we have live demos of the droid, which is dumb because the activation screen on an android phone is very easy to get passed. But it is impossible to bypass the palm activation. I wish verizon would use the palm's as active phones.

    Welp, just wanted to share my mind and let ya'll know that I'm trying to do the best I can to sell some palm! Oh ya

    -timothy
  2. #2  
    Go palm!
  3. #3  
    Thanks Tim.

    We've heard rumors that Verizon has been steering people away from the Pre and pushing the Droid.

    It's nice to hear that it isn't Verizon itself, but possibly Reps who favor Droid.
    Just call me Berd.
  4. #4  
    awesome! Palm needs more sales reps like you! Keep up the great work!
  5. #5  
    what does product loss mean?
  6. #6  
    I love the Webos. The phone it self Is ok but the system it self rocks!!! There is no other phone on the market that can do what the Pre can do. I love it. My only wish is that you can be on the net and on the phone at the same time, Other than that I love the phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by kunedogg View Post
    I love the Webos. The phone it self Is ok but the system it self rocks!!! There is no other phone on the market that can do what the Pre can do. I love it. My only wish is that you can be on the net and on the phone at the same time, Other than that I love the phone.
    Its a CDMA limitation. Even Verizon wont let you do that because they're CDMA too. Only GSM like AT&T can do that. But, you can turn on WiFi and browsing the internet while you're on a call. I do it all the time. Its pretty cool!
  8. #8  
    I commend you for pushing palm, but I hope your not just pushing palm. I'm a research nut, so I always know what I'm buying before walking into a store, but some people need a little help with their decision. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope your letting the phone sell itself. In my opinion, a good sales rep would put all of the potential phones the customer would buy, in their hands, and let them decide, not just their favorite(s). I've used android a bit, and from what I've seen, I believe that webos would sell itself, just not many reps are willing to let it shine.
  9. #9  
    that's great to hear.

    Umm, one question, (and i mean nothing by this, i'm just a very curious guy) how many droids have you sold in the same time-frame. (i'm guessing it's alot more, but that's cause of the millions in adds for it).
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Its a CDMA limitation. Even Verizon wont let you do that because they're CDMA too. Only GSM like AT&T can do that. But, you can turn on WiFi and browsing the internet while you're on a call. I do it all the time. Its pretty cool!
    Ya i know you can do that. And i have done it myself. I would just be nice if you could get online when you dont have a WiFi conection. I love the phone and the system.
  11.    #11  
    Thank you guys!


    Product loss is how much money the company loses on the sale of a subsidized phone. To my understanding, it's the difference of how much verizon bought the phones from the manufacture for and how much they sell them for with subsidized pricing. It changes frequently based on promo's etc. etc....The palms, even at how low they are priced, still have the lowest product loss. Im not sure how or why that is, but it is. We are encouraged to push palm like crazy because of how low the product loss is. Which I am more than happy to do

    But all the peeps in my region tell me that they wish they knew more about the phones, but they never get a chance to play with it, so they don't know how to sell it.

    I was asked by Corporate to do a regional Manager's training on how to use the phone, and im not even a manager

    When I sell the phone to customers I point out the screen and vivid graphics. The Slick, modern, simplistic, clean, web 2.0 look. Customers love the look of the icons. I then show them the basic features. How to make a call, look at your contacts, see what the text messages look like, I show them card view, etc etc....following that I show them the advanced features and really blow there mind with universal search, complete syncing with google-outlook-facebook-exchange-etc., I seal the deal with the mobile hotspot. I show them how this phone saves money by instead of calling 411, just use the universal search. type the place,location, city & state and hit "google" and there is the phone number in 30 sec.

    and there are sooooo many ways to sell these phones.

    I Have sold them to older business owners, teens, young married couples, and all others alike These phones are very versitle and can be pushed to anyone, seriously.
    Last edited by timothygothra; 04/26/2010 at 11:02 PM.
  12. #12  
    you play an important role in getting webOS in the publics hands and you're doing an excellent job at it. People seriously don't know what they're missing, and like you said all kinds of people....business owners, teens, etc. Keep at it!
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    I commend you for pushing palm, but I hope your not just pushing palm. I'm a research nut, so I always know what I'm buying before walking into a store, but some people need a little help with their decision. I guess what I'm saying is that I hope your letting the phone sell itself. In my opinion, a good sales rep would put all of the potential phones the customer would buy, in their hands, and let them decide, not just their favorite(s). I've used android a bit, and from what I've seen, I believe that webos would sell itself, just not many reps are willing to let it shine.
    Oh of course. I push the phones that best suit the needs of the customer. I just always make sure than when a customer is viewing a phone, that they have the fair chance to view others that can perform the same functions. Than as the customer begins to attempt on the multiple phones, they find whats best for them. When they start leaning to their decision, I than support them by showing them the positives in the phone they are leaning to

    It's just when I show webos to people, they are in awe, because they didn't even know it existed.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    that's great to hear.

    Umm, one question, (and i mean nothing by this, i'm just a very curious guy) how many droids have you sold in the same time-frame. (i'm guessing it's alot more, but that's cause of the millions in adds for it).
    Honestly, we have actually only sold around 2. In fact, I had a family come in the other day and the mom had the droid and her daughter was eligible for an upgrade. After showing her the palm and letting her play with mine, her mom responded with "Whoa, mine doesn't do that!"

    True story
  15. #15  
    hmm, maybe you should be going to palm stores and training their employees. I think palm would be impressed if they saw the ratio of pres, to droid.
  16. #16  
    Awesome job, Tim. Nice to hear some positive news, and feedback. I agree with others that if more people knew what webOS is/does, more people would be interested in it.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  17. ceeskaz's Avatar
    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #17  
    Love the Pre Plus that I got for the Mrs and Me.. Droid just didn't do it! Way to go!
  18. #18  
    Great to see your support for our favorite smartphone. Hopefully your experience isn't unique across either your company or Verizon proper.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  19. #19  
    What area do you live in? I'm curious to see where these phones are selling.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by anus1220 View Post
    What area do you live in? I'm curious to see where these phones are selling.
    Indiana
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions