1.    #1  
    I have been thinking about installing the 800mhz for awhile. But I was concerned about side effects. I probably would have tried it if the patch was available in preware. Well I'm glad I waited. You have to try hyper card animation patch. I can't how much of a difference it makes in the phone performance. My frequently used apps email, calendar, task, memos are considerably faster. Try it and see if you notice a difference. The file is small. It makes me wonder why Palm didn't send something like this earlier.
    okay so what does this patch do? Can you use it with the 800 ipk?
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    I have been thinking about installing the 800mhz for awhile. But I was concerned about side effects. I probably would have tried it if the patch was available in preware. Well I'm glad I waited. You have to try hyper card animation patch. I can't how much of a difference it makes in the phone performance. My frequently used apps email, calendar, task, memos are considerably faster. Try it and see if you notice a difference. The file is small. It makes me wonder why Palm didn't send something like this earlier.
    I believe it is available in Preware, called Super Prekernal. I have the older version of the 800mhz kernal and use it with the uber scaler,its awesome! I started using the "faster card, no glow" today and it works great too.
    this patch is great,,i did not feel any need to overclock before,,and now,w this patch I know I never will. I can wait 3 extra secs for apps to open,,no biggie.
    I don't like it. I just installed it and it seemed slower.
    Its a great patch, but you guys do know it doesn't actually speed anything up? It just makes the animations faster .
    the hyper animation patch is not making your phone faster at all. It just seems that way because the app launch screen is sped up a little, but thats it. Your phone does not function faster with that patch. The only way to speed up all aspects of your phone is to overclock your CPU and use the 800MHz kernel. Use SuperKernel and also use the scaler app to make your adjustments. Either unisycho's scaler, or the Govanah will scalle for you, but you still need to install the kernel seperate from the scaler.
    I know that,,again,i said I don't my waiting 3 secs more for apps to open,i was always fine with speed of my pre,,now this patch makes it seem faster. Ofcourse I know it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I know that,,again,i said I don't my waiting 3 secs more for apps to open,i was always fine with speed of my pre,,now this patch makes it seem faster. Ofcourse I know it's not.
    your fine, until you try the 800mhz patch. going back is hell...
    I would not call few secs hell,,but that's me,,to each his own. Glad that it helps many. Them guys who develop that stuff are brilliant, but for me ,im good as is.
    installed,
    uninstalled.

my animations look like the hazard lights in my car.

it's not as smooth looking.
    I would not call few secs hell,,but that's me,,to each his own. Glad that it helps many. Them guys who develop that stuff are brilliant, but for me ,im good as is.
    like i said, it's fine till you haven't tried it. And it's not just the loading apps. I have the orignal none plus pre, and i hardly ever get a tmc error (only when i try to multitask with 3d games.). You can multitask so much better. And thos 3 seconds are fine until you get use to it taking 1 second. It's like 800mhz computers where great, until you tried dual core 2ghz ones. (i'm not saying that's how big the difference is, but i'm using it as an example)
    I have the 800 kernal and it definitely makes things zippy, but with the faster animation patch it makes my pre experience seem like it is turbo charges! I am using the basic patch and although it just " appears" faster, it REALLY fools me with how fast it "seems" Love it!
    I agree its fast, but with 800 MHz, it's extremely fast. The homebrew, preware and patch people are awesome!
    Phones in Family pre> pre> pre> Centro> Rant
    Personally I love using the Fast Cards patch and the 800 mhz kernel. I love how fast it feels. I guess I understand those who don't like it, but I use my phone so much for work, I love being able to access things so crazy fast.
    zmann, I thought the same way. I found the stock Pre to be fast enough and, like you, I didn't mind waiting a couple of more seconds.

However, then I did install the 800mhz patch and I was pretty darn impressed. The couple of seconds faster when opening apps does make a difference. But more than that, it really makes the OS way smoother. When scrolling anything or moving around in the launcher, it's just way smoother and more responsive.

I actually removed the 800mhz patch when I updated to 1.4.1.1, and I can't say it was "hell" going back to 500mhz, but I couldn't wait to get the 800mhz patch back on my Pre. Once you go 800, you'll never want to go back!

-Skippy