1.    #1  
    Yeah so, I installed the 800mhz with ScalerUber, set scale to 125-800mhz. Phone gets really hot, I was out all day yesterday (was my birthday) phone was getting real hot like over 41C just from a few calls and text.

How would I go about un installing the 800mhz if I needed to, and after I un install it would it just go back to stock MHZ or would I have to install that again? :/

I used this video to install it

You should really know how to uninstall something before you put on your phone. That video even got a link to the thread so you can read.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    You should really know how to uninstall something before you put on your phone. That video even got a link to the thread so you can read.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...install-b.html
    Wow! Lighten up Dude! One of the purposes of the forum is to learn. That's probably why he was asking for information. Don't think he was looking for a lecture.

Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Wow! Lighten up Dude! One of the purposes of the forum is to learn. That's probably why he was asking for information. Don't think he was looking for a lecture.

Peace
    This kind of act first read later can be very detrimental to the community as a whole, when the first 600Mhz patches were released and everyone starting trying it before reading about the consequences it really put a hamper on it all.

If someone isn't responsible enough to read the instructions they really should not be doing something as potentially dangerous and involved as over-clocking a device.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    This kind of act first read later can be very detrimental to the community as a whole, when the first 600Mhz patches were released and everyone starting trying it before reading about the consequences it really put a hamper on it all.

If someone isn't responsible enough to read the instructions they really should not be doing something as potentially dangerous and involved as over-clocking a device.
    Agreed. And in a perfect pre world that's the way it would work. Unfortunately, many people dive headfirst into customizing their phones, only to realize too late that they don't now what they're doing and have messed things up. There are going to be these people around, just like there are those who ask ridiculous questions that have been posted thousands of times before because they don't run a simple search. We can either help them, lecture them about why what they're doing is wrong, or simply ignore them. When it comes to the latter, I've given up on answering, since I can only say the same thing so many times before I start to go crazy. I also don't lecture them, because that's pretty pointless as well. So I just ignore them. With people like Mr Black, I think we need to help out, as this is a place for people to learn about their phones, but whether they're looking for it or not, a lecture on the dangers of modifying their phones without fully understanding what they're doing (especially when it comes to over-clocking) is completely called for. Tough love is best sometimes, and we need people to realize that they can't blame someone else when their phone gets fried because they didn't know what they were doing.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Problem is... every missed the point. BBL installed the kernel, there is no evidence that he installed it incorrectly or that he didn't understand the potential jeopardies in using the patch. (it's hard to miss those warningsno matter how you download it).

He simply expressed an issue about how to uninstall. I don't know him at all, but I'm guessing he knows what the patch can do, but just needed a little information on how to uninstall. Sure, he probably could have found it himself, but he asked. Just taking the post at its word, all he needed was info how to uninstall. The fact that it was overheating doesn't necessarily indicate any error on his part.

Don't see that as being such a problem. The platform will not grow if only the most technically proficient are allowed to use it.
    I like to veer on the safe-side in these cases.

It's kind-of like people who store files in the recycle bin. It's convenient, hard to remove on accident, and works (Though people who know better wouldn't risk it). Now when I see people do this (it's strangely common) I feel I should assume they don't know it'll delete files after 30 days, and make a point to inform them. Now if they do know better there's no harm done, but if they didn't I could easily save them hours or days of work or other very important information.

If he does know what over-clocking entails, and just feels like he understands the possibilities and complexities of a custom kernal, and becuase of this feels no need to actually read the instructions, then no harm done.

Call me a cynic but I would assume someone smart enough to not need to read the instructions written painstakingly by caj, wouldn't install a custom kernal, but would probably read the instructions anyway.
    The most important thing in understanding how to install a modification is learning how to uninstall it, you should know how to uninstall before you do install
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    1) follow these steps (from the post linked to earlier in this thread) to uninstall

Quote Originally Posted by caj2008 View Post

11) Uninstall procedure:

Use WOSQI Tools - In Linux Command Line, write
    Code:
    sh /var/home/root/720MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    (720 MHz kernel)

Or alternatively write

Code:
    sh /var/home/root/800MHzOS14.sh uninstall
    (800 MHz kernel)
    2) After you uninstall it will go back to stock speeds. you will not be able to go up to 800MHz without the kernel. You can, however, still scale from 125 to 600.
    I love this forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I love this forum!
    Yeah, most of the folks here go out of their way to assist. Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBruceLee View Post
    How would I go about un installing the 800mhz if I needed to, and after I un install it would it just go back to stock MHZ or would I have to install that again? :/
    BBL - show Pomokey some love by hitting him up with the 'thanks' button.
    Last edited by C-Note; 04/26/2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add posters name
    BBL, did you install using the .sh file or did you install using the ipk file? That would determine the best way to uninstall.

the sh /var/home/root/filename.sh uninstall method works if you installed that way.

If however you used the ipk file, you can use WOSQI to view your installed packages and when you find the kernel you installed listed there, you can select it and remove it from there. Your Pre will revert to the previous default state. After you restart your phone, you can check your speed by going to the Linux command line in WOSQI and typing this

cat /proc/cpuinfo

after pressing enter you should see a series of lines, one of them will have BogoMips and a frequency beside it... if you are back to 496.## then you are good.

However uninstalling may not be necessary. Try a different setting. I personally find that running at a fixed 800 MHz setting runs cooler and my battery actually lasts longer than it did while scaling. I tried 250-800 and 500-800 and both made my pre hotter than running straight 800.