Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know anything about faster card animations? Is it any good?
    it is awesome! Definitely speeds things up
    i love it....with the 800mhz patch phone seems lightspeed....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I like them a lot, I only tried out the one that turns off the card animations since I don't like them to begin with, There are also two other options Hyper and Faster.

With card animations gone and 800mhz patch this phone really fly's
    I am Pain, I am Real, I'm not a dream! (Ayreon)
    Definitely one of my favorite patches, along with the 800mhz kernel.

I don't know why Palm didn't make it work this way from the start, but the patch is brilliant and well worth putting on your phone!
    I'll like to know how faster is the card animation without the kernel tweak...
    anyone can tell me?
    thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Which do you all use? Faster Card or HYPER Fast?

As for the 800mhz....I'm still too scared to use it. Is it pretty solid?

I didn't like the hyper, glow was too fast, but it's a personal preference thing, i suggest trying them both, i love the 800mhz patch use it with the scaling app and i scale it from 500-800...
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit

Don't forget there is 3 of them not just the Faster and Hyper, there is also the no animation. Which completely turns off the animation to get the maximum speed. Talk about instant open to near instant opened cards. and the closing of cards is completely instant. I don't know what it is that people like that flashing animation. It was cool to begin with but gets old after a while.
    It's a little to fast for me I don't like how the smoothness of webos disappears with this patch.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Do it void the warranty?
    to fast for me ! 800mhz is just enough.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have the Faster Card Animation patch without the 720 or 800 Kernel and its AWESOME.

I found that this patch made the phone feel almost as fast as the 800 Kernel by itself. I have yet to do both because Im lazy.
    I agree with Joescan - it may be quicker but doesn't feel as "smooth" to me. I tried it out and uninstalled it. Personal taste.
    800mhz is fine for me. I tried out the no animation and I find it to lose the WebOS "flow" the pre has.
    It's a very personal thing. If you are asking about the fast cards patch, it means you want faster opening cards.

The fast cards patch is totally safe, and it delivers. Cards open super fast, with or without the 800 mhz patch. Try it and if you don't like it, it's super easy to un install.
    Quote Originally Posted by ConeNubi701 View Post
    800mhz is fine for me. I tried out the no animation and I find it to lose the WebOS "flow" the pre has.
    then I guess I am more mechanical lol, I don't care about how well the cell flows or how Smooth a card slides up and down and in and out. I just care if it opens fast or not.

Thats more or less like saying you like the animations that the windows and dropdown menus that Windows XP had that slowed the system down for looks?

I think its more of a personal taste some people will like it some wont.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Im guessing you get this fast card patch off preware right?
    Quote Originally Posted by clyfton View Post
    there is also the no animation. Which completely turns off the animation to get the maximum speed. Talk about instant open to near instant opened cards. and the closing of cards is completely instant.
    Really? Didn't know that. I'd been using Hyper. Firing up Preware Alpha now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    It's a little to fast for me I don't like how the smoothness of webos disappears with this patch.
    IMHO, there's no such thing as "too fast". IMHO if there things slowing down the phone just for animations, that's the opposite of "smooth". That's interruptions. $0.02.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Really? Didn't know that. I'd been using Hyper. Firing up Preware Alpha now.
    Ok. I tried "no glow". I prefer Hyper.
    Twitter: dullgeek
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast