Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I tried searching the forums for "comcast yellow triangle" but couldn't find anything with those terms. Please forgive me if this is explained in depth somewhere else.

For over a month now, my Comcast e-mail has been screwy on the Palm Pre. I have to go into the e-mail app and physically refresh the screen to get new e-mails. In the top right hand corner, there's a yellow triangle that says "Updated 12:06 PM (for example). Next update in 0 minutes. Total e-mails 343 (for example)." This is a huuuuuge problem for me because I am not getting e-mails and find it to be a pain in the **** to have to force refresh.

In addition, when I delete an e-mail on the Pre, the deleted e-mail does not delete from the comcast.net page like it used to.

My comcast settings are:

Sync: show e-mail: 1 day; get email: 10 minutes
    Sync deleted e-mails: on
    Sync server to device: off (I don't want e-mails deleted from the device when they're deleted from comcast.net's site)
    Mail type: POP (no other choice)
    Incoming Mail Server: mail.comcast.net
    Encryption: None
    Port: 110

Outgoing mail server: smtp.comcast.net
    Use authentication: On
    Port: 587.

Any advice guys?
    it is telling you something is wrong. Go into the email settings on your Palm and re-enter your password. In fact, you might want to delete the account on your Palm and then re-create it. Also, are you able to send email? That would tell you that there is something wrong with your inbound settings but that your outbound settings are fine...

Also, can you try using IMAP instead of POP?

I had a similar problem that was solved by recreating the account. I never did figure out what was wrong, but recreating the account took care of it. That triangle is telling you it can't get email from that account.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    it is telling you something is wrong. Go into the email settings on your Palm and re-enter your password. In fact, you might want to delete the account on your Palm and then re-create it. Also, are you able to send email? That would tell you that there is something wrong with your inbound settings but that your outbound settings are fine...

Also, can you try using IMAP instead of POP?

I had a similar problem that was solved by recreating the account. I never did figure out what was wrong, but recreating the account took care of it. That triangle is telling you it can't get email from that account.
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am indeed able to send e-mails, and I do receive them when I hit the refresh button. Unfortunately I do not have the option of changing POP to IMAP as it is grayed out.
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    My Comcast settings are slightly different than yours:

Mail Type: POP
    Incoming Mail Server: pop3.comcast.net
    Port: 110

Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.comcast.net
    Use Authentication: On
    Encryption: SSL
    Port: 465

Try these and see if the triangle disappears. I don't have the triangle error, but only deletes are processed. If I read a message on my Pre, it stays as unread on the server, and vice versa. I also have the 'Sync server to device' option on as well, but that shouldn't make a difference. Now if someone could fix the triangle with Hotmail...
    I have the same issue with Suddenlink. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have two other e-mail accounts that work just fine. It seems to be a issue with the interface on suddenlinks side. So far, I have not been able to fix it.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    irateb: Thanks for the suggested changes. I made them and it appears to be working now. I really appreciate your insight (as well as the other posters who replied too).