1.    #1  
    If a song is playing on the radio or something, you can hold the phone to the radio and the song is downloaded or something.

I heard the I-phone has something similiar.

Is this true or not??
    No, the iPhone, Android, and a great many other phones have this capability (Shazam is an app known for this), but the Pre and Pixi do not have access to the mic.

However, access is planned in the near future, (by fall) so you should be able to expect this capability by then.
    The iPhone has such an app. Certain Verizon Vcast phones used to have that functionality.

I believe that once the microphone API is released, developers will be able to create an app for WebOS to do this.
  4.    #4  
    So I assume there's a new update coming in the fall.....
    Update "by fall". From what I read it sounds as if there would be iterative releases along the way and looking at how Palm rolls out updates I would expect that vs one major update for some of the features. That said eventually there will be a larger code drop but the api stuff I would expect as smaller drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    The update can come but it doesn't mean Shazam will make it for webos
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    The update can come but it doesn't mean Shazam will make it for webos
    Lucky for us though, there are other solutions which wouldn't mind the transition.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    New updates actually come at a pace of one every one and a half months every update fixes ten known bugs, introduces one new one to much poison and fanfare in the forums, and brings three or four new features of varying importance and/or flashiness.

This particular functionality isn't really an issue with the current version of webOS, the problem is rather that Palm has not yet officially released APIs for the microphone, meaning that developers have no way of interfacing with that particular hardware. New APIs have been announced to be released "by fall".
    "By fall" is also the timeframe we're looking at for the NEXT webOS device to be released along with a major update to webOS 2.0, which is probably going to make use of the phone's GPU to render the user interface. This means that system animations will become smoother and loading times quicker as stuff currently handled by the CPU is offloaded to the dedicated graphics chip.

So if you'd like webOS, and would like this feature, you could buy a Pre (plus?) now and wait for the Mic API to be released this summer, or you could wait until August or September, when there's likely to be a new, faster (and apparently also slightly bigger) device out. Your choice