Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I am in the market for a new phone. With all the articles about how Palm is not looking good, how "safe" is a pre purchase right now. I am currently out of contract with sprint and alot of my "perks" have expired. I need to redo my contract because my bill is fairly high now. Doesn't look like I can wait for the evo to come out. Anyone else in my boat?

    What are your thoughts of the pre/WebOS in the face of all of these articles about palm?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  2. #2  
    Really? Do you think the mobile carriers will market a phone that does cannot be serviced for at least 2 years?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Really? Do you think the mobile carriers will market a phone that does cannot be serviced for at least 2 years?
    Radio Shack Discontinues Sprint Pre and Pixi | PhoneNews.com



    there are more than just this.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  4. #4  
    Radioshack continually refreshes their inventory to make room for other models in the near future.
  5. #5  
    At&t is launching the Pre Plus and also internationally it is launching in France and China. Radio Shack IS NOT a carrier, hello?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Radio Shack IS NOT a carrier, hello?
    Want to take it down a notch? We are only talking here.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  7. #7  
    Totally safe. Palm will be around, even if they get bought, they will be around. And the phone is great and only getting better.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Totally safe. Palm will be around, even if they get bought, they will be around. And the phone is great and only getting better.
    thank you.. that is what I was looking for. Thanks!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  9. #9  
    + they still have more than enough time to get 2.0 out, along with new hardware. So from what I'm expecting 2.0 will have some noticeable speed improvements, of course this is software front.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    I am in the market for a new phone. With all the articles about how Palm is not looking good, how "safe" is a pre purchase right now. I am currently out of contract with sprint and alot of my "perks" have expired. I need to redo my contract because my bill is fairly high now. Doesn't look like I can wait for the evo to come out. Anyone else in my boat?

    What are your thoughts of the pre/WebOS in the face of all of these articles about palm?
    Buy it. You will love it. People buy cars from auto makers when they report a loss because the car meets their needs. It doesn't stop running based on what happens to the manufacturer.

    I love my Pre+, and Palm's survival won't change that. It might impact the next phone 2 years from now (when LTE will be the 4G technology for VZ and ATT) but for the next two years, I am sold on Pre+ as it is today. The homebrew community here has provided almost every tweak and patch I could imagine...

    Palm has been in trouble before, and they have come back both times. Nobody understands more about mobile operating systems, contact and calendar mgmt, etc.

    I think they will be fine, and you will love the Pre+.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    + they still have more than enough time to get 2.0 out, along with new hardware. So from what I'm expecting 2.0 will have some noticeable speed improvements, of course this is software front.
    so you dont think the 2.0 release will have any form-factor changes?? Like a Pre Plus for sprint? (so it would be a release of WebOS and a new phone release?)
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    so you dont think the 2.0 release will have any form-factor changes?? Like a Pre Plus for sprint? (so it would be a release of WebOS and a new phone release?)
    Noooo I'm explicitly talking software, WebOS 2.0.
    Waiting for a PRE 2 is a whole other question.
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    Noooo I'm explicitly talking software, WebOS 2.0.
    Waiting for a PRE 2 is a whole other question.
    okay.. since Pre2 was brought up .. How much longer before that comes out? I doubt I have enough time to wait for that one.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish View Post
    okay.. since Pre2 was brought up .. How much longer before that comes out? I doubt I have enough time to wait for that one.
    LOL man nobody knows haha. Could reside with the release of 2.0 so maybe fall? I know one thing, I'm getting a pre plus from at&t I know I will regret it because ill be stuck with it for 2 years, but I will just deal with it...
    iPhone 1gen august 2007- may 2010
    Repaired: headphone jack twice. Buttons and back cover once. Screen has a crack.

    Palm Pre Plus may 2010-now

    LOVE IT
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cursiv View Post
    LOL man nobody knows haha. Could reside with the release of 2.0 so maybe fall? I know one thing, I'm getting a pre plus from at&t I know I will regret it because ill be stuck with it for 2 years, but I will just deal with it...
    i have heard rumors of fall but october timeframe is too far out for me.. i will just get the pre then
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
  16. #16  
    And if you had any worries about Palm being around for a while, today's news should make you feel a whole lot better.

Posting Permissions