Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is an app for the Bible?
    Preferrably the King James Version (KJV)

Thanks
    There are several.

Here is the one I like best - it's free, and several translations are available:

http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/app-catalog/bible

Here is a more comprehensive listing you might be interested in:

http://www.precentral.net/search/Bib...:d_app_gallery
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    Nice

But it doesnt look like any of them are free.....
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an app for the Bible?
    Preferrably the King James Version (KJV)

Thanks
    Youversion is really good (the first link in the previous post). I first discovered it on the iPhone.

I also like this one: http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...the-holy-bible.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight07607 View Post
    Nice

But it doesnt look like any of them are free.....
    Youversion and the other one are free. The first one I used was the last link I provided and it is strictly KJV. The youversion gives you more versions if you need if.
    Youversion is free but it's not really an app per say. It's just web browser wrapped into an app. From comments I read on it, developers are working on an actual full fledged app like the one they have on iPhone (which btw is also free). Current version is strictly a beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    Youversion is free but it's not really an app per say. It's just web browser wrapped into an app. From comments I read on it, developers are working on an actual full fledged app like the one they have on iPhone (which btw is also free). Current version is strictly a beta.
    i see. I haven't downloaded it for webOS. Is the beta version of the full fledged app they're developing is available through the app scope.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    i see. I haven't downloaded it for webOS. Is the beta version of the full fledged app they're developing is available through the app scope.
    No, what I meant was that the current version you see on app catalog is their "beta". The real thing should follow later on... I used the one they had on iPhone on my iPod touch and it's indispensable. It contains every well known Bible version there is, even NIV which other developers usually charge money for.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgokcea View Post
    No, what I meant was that the current version you see on app catalog is their "beta". The real thing should follow later on... I used the one they had on iPhone on my iPod touch and it's indispensable. It contains every well known Bible there is, even NIV which other developers usually charge money for.
    Ok. I haven't used it on the Pre but it is really good on the iPhone. Can't wait for their real version to be available on webOS. And like you said, I like the fact that the NIV translation is free in the Youversion app.

The other one I linked to is really good, but it is only KJV.
    Youversion is in the app catalog.

Launch the catalog and go to: Categories -> Reference -> All
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I like Simple Bible.
    Simple Bible user here. As far as free apps go, it's quite good.
    BibleZ is another easy to use Bible App with more modules (around 56).
    Simple Bible is free and has several translations. That is the one I use exclusively
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/28/2010 at 06:35 AM.
    I use Simple Bible. It is free, and has been updated a few times, which means the developer is still working on it. I use a couple of different versions on it.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I use both Simple Bible and the YouVersion. I mainly use YouVersion for the other available translations, but I'm waiting for Simple Bible Pro which will allow access to bibles I've already purchased on Laridian.com.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Simple Bible user here as well; great app if you're looking for good King Jimmy.
    Another vote for Simple Bible here. I can't wait for the Pro version to come out so I can buy the NASB for it!
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Bible Gateway's mobile site works quite well and has a *ton* on translations.
    Yeah I have a lot of material I've purchased from Laridian back in the old palm and wince days that I can't wait to use on Palm.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast